Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Our crocosmia  (lucifers) have just started to bloom and the humming birds love them.  Anyone else have this beautiful flower?  It's a perennial.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.2maOsXHcCW_rnvHVjO0akgEsEs&w=184&h=184&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

Image result for crocosmia lucifer  Here is a closeup

@AnikaBrodie  I have them in all colors, especially love Lucifer. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, the deer photos are amazing.  I would be out there chasing them out of the garden lol.  The devils ate half of my dapple willow by the lake.  Between them and the beavers, you need to be on your toes.  The rabbits have made a huge comeback this year which probably means the coyotes will be aplenty as well.  

Great photos!!!  I don't know why I haven't seen them before except that the last thing on my mind in November is the garden.  I usually have it all put to bed for the winter😊.  LM

Honored Contributor

Roberta's Tree Peony bought two-three years ago here has finally bloomed, this one yesterday, and another fat bud about to.

DSCF6515.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  You can skip the plants if you like, lol, just keep going and you will see a lot of critters in my garden, lots of birds, Quail, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo@mousiegirl, don’t know why this post from January 2016 came up on my notifications, but it did.  Seeing coyotes one by one doesn’t bother me.  Seeing them in a pack is a totally different thing.  Very scary.  LM

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Roberta's Tree Peony bought two-three years ago here has finally bloomed, this one yesterday, and another fat bud about to.

DSCF6515.JPG

This is an ITOH peony — ‘Bartzella’. It’s a cross between the tree peony & herbaceous types.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: My Garden Perennials

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF6515.JPG

This is an ITOH peony — ‘Bartzella’. It’s a cross between the tree peony & herbaceous types.

@JustJazzmom  Right, but it grows like a tree peony.  Do you think it is pretty? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: My Garden Perennials

[ Edited ]

I certainly do! Give it space — about 5’ worth. Saw a row of these at the Biltmore Estate Village in Asheville, NC & fell in love with them. Fortunately a plant manager was wandering around in the AM & I got confirmation of the name. My local Home Depot had them for $65 in a container. My specimen is about 2 years in the ground. This photo is a bloom from mine.

'Bartzella' ITOH Peony.JPG

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I certainly do! Give it space — about 5’ worth. Saw a row of these at the Biltmore Estate Village in Asheville, NC & fell in love with them. Fortunately a plant manager was wandering around in the AM & I got confirmation of the name. My local Home Depot had them for $65 in a container. My specimen is about 2 years in the ground. This photo is a bloom from mine.

'Bartzella' ITOH Peony.JPG

@JustJazzmom  Beautiful!  I am so grateful that this type grows here as the prettiest regular peonies, the doubles and bombs, don't grow here due to the early heat.  I used to grow singles and early, they grow very well, but I will stick to the tree from now on.  I have three, all from Roberta's, and they are in large pots now.

You got a great deal at Home Depot, though I think Roberta's was a good deal also, can't remember, what I paid, but I know at online companies for these usually they are $100 or more.

Honored Contributor

@  Here is a thread from 2015 which will give you an idea of my garden.  If you don't see the 36 pages, let me know.