Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Lilac bought last year, bloomed this year.

DSCF0050.JPGDSCF0051.JPG

@mousiegirl, a couple of years ago I bought a lilac bush (I have at least six) that was supposed to bloom and rebloom all summer.  I think it was called a bloomerang.  Have you ever heard of it?  Mine hasn't bloomed yet.  I moved it last year and it is still pretty small.

I am doing a major overhaul on some of my beds after ten years.  I have a huge bank where the evergreens are taking over the space and overtaking some perennials.  That is fine with me as that was the intention.  I think I am also going to do a new staircase.  That's if I can talk DH into it.  He did a very nice job on one year for me.  I lined it with Japanese forest grass and can't wait to see how they come back this year.  I'll post some pics when we get further along.

Your blooms look lovely.  Can't wait for some color here.  LM

@Lilysmom  I overhauled the entire garden a few years ago, think I mentioned this, and finally, one perennial garden is almost ready for a full picture to post, but I still have gobs of mile high weeds to pull, neverending.  It's amazing how everything filled in in the past year, and I think the rain we finally had this Winter did the trick.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Garden Perennials

[ Edited ]

A squirrel sitting on the trunk of a large dead shrub which was lost during the drought.  I had cut it back heavily in the Fall tow or so years ago, then drought ensued.  Only one of the trunks has growth on it, so the rest will have to be cut down, maybe all of it.DSCF0356.JPG

Honored Contributor

DSCF0323.JPG

Honored Contributor

Mock Orange

DSCF0449.JPG

Honored Contributor

Verbena

DSCF0422.JPG

Honored Contributor

A ladybug on my Love in a Mist.

DSCF0514.JPG

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

DSCF0534.JPGDSCF0593.JPGDSCF0599.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is Minoan Lace.  I bought one plant last year, and now I have eight thanks to the reseeding nature of the plant, free plants. Smiley Happy  By next spring, I should have twice that many, and so forth.  It looks wonderful in my cottage garden, but may spread it around in the perennial garden.  they grow about 2 1/2- 3 feet tall.

DSCF0584.JPGDSCF0585.JPG

Honored Contributor

Alstromeria growing rampantly.  Don't mind the pup's cot, this fenced area is there "patch," where they can tear around, dig holes, etc.

DSCF0612.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Garden Perennials and some Shrubs:

Dicentra exima 'Alba' with Kalmia latifolia 'Raspberry Glow' buds

Dicentra Exima 'Alba' & Kalmia 'Raspberry Glow' buds.JPG

Japanese Painted Fern 'Pictum'

Japanese Painted Fern 'Pictum'.JPG

Kalmia latifolia 'Minuet'

Kalmia 'Minuet'2.JPG

'White Cap' Peony