Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I need to do some pictures of my Daylilies.  I have Barbara Mitchell blooming now and the blooms are so large and a beautiful shade of pink.  If I can I'll do that in the next few days.  Enjoy all of your new blooms.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF8077.JPG

@mousiegirl mI have this one and am racking my brain for the name but it isn't coming to me.  I have 'Going Bananas' but not sure it's this one.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF8077.JPG

@mousiegirl mI have this one and am racking my brain for the name but it isn't coming to me.  I have 'Going Bananas' but not sure it's this one.

@lucymo  I don't have Going Bananas,.  I looked at pictures, and there are pictures that have small flowers, and then some with flowers similar to this, but not exactly.  

I would love to see your daylilies, can you take a group picture also?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
I love Daylilies too. I'd love to post pics of some of mine but I'm on a pad so I don't have picture-posting privileges. I have a bed the length of my house with various pink varieties.

@Kachina624  Pink Daylilies are very special to me.  There are so many shades of pink to make the bed interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo  You are looking at the daylilies of years ago.  Did you see my new thread of today "My Daylilies 2018?"  It has the newer plants.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo  You are looking at the daylilies of years ago.  Did you see my new thread of today "My Daylilies 2018?"  It has the newer plants.

@mousiegirl  Yes, I did.  I love daylilies.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl  so pretty!  Is it too late to plant them now? TIA

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@mousiegirl  so pretty!  Is it too late to plant them now? TIA

@fourpaws56  Never too late, so you can order now, and they may bloom ths year, depends on it's bloom time, some are early, some mid season, and some late, many are rebloomers.  Mine have just begun about three weeks ago.  Don't let them dry out until they become established, then during flowering they need more water than usual.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

thank you...I am trying to find some color for my garden..i planted petunias and a few other things, but it just isn't looking so good....weird, because I have somewhat of a green thumb!

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

thank you...I am trying to find some color for my garden..i planted petunias and a few other things, but it just isn't looking so good....weird, because I have somewhat of a green thumb!

@fourpaws56  Daylilies practically take care of themselves, just need cleaning by removing dead flowers and dead scapes.  It is fun every morning when I walk through the gardens with my camera to see what is blooming, something every day, and this goes on for months.