Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  A lot of our daylilies have finished their bloom now.  Some will rebloom.  I will look and see if I still have pics of the beds in full bloom.  My favorite is called 'Hush Little Baby'  and some very large gold or yellow ones.  One is called Prester John and I believe it's a double.  I like the spider one you posted. 

I know that the labels disappear and here in Mo they will heave out of the ground and blow away.  The print will fade away in time.  Our beds are eight or nine years old but I just know some of their names.  We have round, square and rectangle beds and some planted along the creek bank, wherever we need color.

@lucymo  The good new is that the purple Daylily hasn't bloomed yet, so maybe soon.  I discovered that I bought it in 2013, most likely, and took the picture in 2014, don't remember if it bloomed last year, so if it does, after it blooms, I will remove it from the pot to look for a tag. Smiley Happy

Do you think eventually you will have to dig them up to divide them?  That is what I dread, but it will be years as we are just now getting around to planting where we can, because the renovation of the gardens is not finished, so have to wait on planting a lot of them until the bones are in, then these will be almost last to plant in the beds.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  A lot of our daylilies have finished their bloom now.  Some will rebloom.  I will look and see if I still have pics of the beds in full bloom.  My favorite is called 'Hush Little Baby'  and some very large gold or yellow ones.  One is called Prester John and I believe it's a double.  I like the spider one you posted. 

I know that the labels disappear and here in Mo they will heave out of the ground and blow away.  The print will fade away in time.  Our beds are eight or nine years old but I just know some of their names.  We have round, square and rectangle beds and some planted along the creek bank, wherever we need color.

@lucymo  The good new is that the purple Daylily hasn't bloomed yet, so maybe soon.  I discovered that I bought it in 2013, most likely, and took the picture in 2014, don't remember if it bloomed last year, so if it does, after it blooms, I will remove it from the pot to look for a tag. Smiley Happy

Do you think eventually you will have to dig them up to divide them?  That is what I dread, but it will be years as we are just now getting around to planting where we can, because the renovation of the gardens is not finished, so have to wait on planting a lot of them until the bones are in, then these will be almost last to plant in the beds.

@mousiegirl Oh, yes, they will need to be divided  in time.  We've been sharing now for several years.  It is really a job as we have done a few dozen each year.  I'm always afraid something will happen to my favorites which is really about all of them.  lol  I have a friend who is getting into them almost as big as me, and now, you.  I love them and their beauty, also easy care.  You will know when they need dividing, the bloom isn't as much and also, in our case, the beds become too crowded.  Some multiply faster than others.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  You don't need to worry about the name of the purple daylily.  I'll check Gilbert Wild as they have so many colors that I'll find a similiar one.  Thanks for the offer though.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl Oh, yes, they will need to be divided  in time.  We've been sharing now for several years.  It is really a job as we have done a few dozen each year.  I'm always afraid something will happen to my favorites which is really about all of them.  lol  I have a friend who is getting into them almost as big as me, and now, you.  I love them and their beauty, also easy care.  You will know when they need dividing, the bloom isn't as much and also, in our case, the beds become too crowded.  Some multiply faster than others.

@lucymo  Over twenty-five years ago, I bought some expensive fantastic Daylilies, along with many others.  I put the expensive plants into pots, and after several years, they were moved to another level, and somehow I forgot about them, so of course they died.  I think it was DD coming along who took all of my time and energy as I wasn't a Spring chicken, lol.  Some of the plants in the ground survived, but a lot did not.  I am more careful now and plant almost everything in wire baskets to protect from gophers.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  You don't need to worry about the name of the purple daylily.  I'll check Gilbert Wild as they have so many colors that I'll find a similiar one.  Thanks for the offer though.

@lucymo  I am planning to look for tags of all Daylilies in pots, so you may yet know the name. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  do you think this is the Daylily?  I just ran across it online at Oakes, and I do have an Indian Giver.

INDIAN GIVER

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl. Yes, it does look the same.  I have been so busy today that I haven't had a chance to check around for it.   I'm also on my tablet and don't do as well as the desktop computer. I'm not fast on the phone either.  Smiley Wink. I'll  look tonight on several sites as I would pot that one too. Thanks for the info, appreciate you.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl. Yes, it does look the same.  I have been so busy today that I haven't had a chance to check around for it.   I'm also on my tablet and don't do as well as the desktop computer. I'm not fast on the phone either.  Smiley Wink. I'll  look tonight on several sites as I would pot that one too. Thanks for the info, appreciate you.

@lucymo  Oakes has it, but I have seen it elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Taken this AM before I did some deadheading.

'Little Business' daylily

'Little Business' Daylily.JPG

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I love to order from Oakes but their s/h is like $12 so I'll look elsewhere. I have Jungle Beauty which is darker and Little Grapette which is a tad lighter.  We should have Coffee one morning and talk day lilies.  Lol.