Honored Contributor

After several disappointing seasons and labeling myself with a black thumb, this year is going well.    Here are my squash blossoms.   There are more on the other side, that you can't see.    These are not in my container.     I have teeny tiny green tomatoes on the plants in my container.    I'm amazed.   But we have had a great spring, days of hot sunny weather, followed by a day or 2 of rain.    I also think my choice of soil was much better this year.

squash May 20.jpg

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

After several disappointing seasons and labeling myself with a black thumb, this year is going well.    Here are my squash blossoms.   There are more on the other side, that you can't see.    These are not in my container.     I have teeny tiny green tomatoes on the plants in my container.    I'm amazed.   But we have had a great spring, days of hot sunny weather, followed by a day or 2 of rain.    I also think my choice of soil was much better this year.

squash May 20.jpg

@software   You may know this, squash blossoms are edible.  The Italians stuff them.  I get some beautiful blossoms, but havn't taken the plunge yet, cooking them.

Esteemed Contributor

@software , looking good!  LM

Honored Contributor

I'm in the South, we fry everything!

I should try it sometime.

@mousiegirl wrote:

@software wrote:

squash May 20.jpg

@software   You may know this, squash blossoms are edible.  The Italians stuff them.  I get some beautiful blossoms, but havn't taken the plunge yet, cooking them.

Honored Contributor

I lost my squash & cukes to what I think is a fungus and waited too late to spray.

I purchased some Neem Oil and a new squash plant.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I lost my squash & cukes to what I think is a fungus and waited too late to spray.

I purchased some Neem Oil and a new squash plant.

I would be more inclined to think squash vine borers got to your squash than a fungus given the size of the plant in the photos. Bigger, more mature plants can withstand most fungal attacks. Squash vine borers however will eat a plant's stems from the inside out and cause it to wilt and die. Fusarian wilt could have been the cause also. Fungi/funguses tend to more discolor and slow a plant than outright kill it. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!