Respected Contributor

Meaning of letters following QVC show titles

What do the letters following show titles mean?  QVC2 has Saturday Morning Q (R) and later today there is Issac Mizrahi Live! (TM)? The (R) will sometimes appear on QVC programs that I know are live. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Meaning of letters following QVC show titles

I'm just guessing here but I think R means regular show and TM means trademarked.  Because Isaac's brand is his name, it could be trademarked. 

Respected Contributor

@On It   From what I understand that means it's a registered trademark, so no one else can use those groups of words together...unless they want to have an attorney knock on their door.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Thank you! I was reading too much into it. I kept thinking the R meant rerun or repeat and it wasn't logical with what I was seeing.

Honored Contributor

@On It  The (R) typically means that a brand name, logo or title is  trademarked and registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

(TM) is usually also federally registered, and gives the owner the right to sue someone who infringes on that name/title.

When Stacey Stauffer started up her Serve it With Stacey social media in her post-QVC ventures, she was promptly asked to stop because "Serve It..." is trademarked by QVC.  She then changed hers to Savor It With Stacey.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@On It  The (R) typically means that a brand name, logo or title is  trademarked and registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

(TM) is usually also federally registered, and gives the owner the right to sue someone who infringes on that name/title.

When Stacey Stauffer started up her Serve it With Stacey social media in her post-QVC ventures, she was promptly asked to stop because "Serve It..." is trademarked by QVC.  She then changed hers to Savor It With Stacey.

Thank you! I can now relax when reading the programming and understand what they are telling me.