Esteemed Contributor

Martha's power washer - impossible design - soap

If you want to use soap - have to take apart the 2 pc black wand - install soap container - apply soap to (car/example) wait 3-4 minutes for suds to work - - and to rinse - take soap dispenser OFF wand - install front half of wand again - - spray rinse.  If you also found it impossible to connect the wands in the first place, think how impossible when your hands are wet w/soap.  Each application of soap will require this terrible effort.  Solution:  pail of water/soap and apply with a brush.  Dumb design

Respected Contributor

Re: Martha's power washer - impossible design - soap

This is why I don't purchase items with a celebrity name on them.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess she's not the expert of all things that she thinks she is!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Celebrity name has nothing to do with it.   I have the large Sun Joe unit with 2 soap bottles on-board - - but to make a smaller unit there's no way to have soap on the machine all the time = too heavy to hold.  Most people will just use the power washer without detergent - but if people are on the fence about Martha's machine they should be aware of this drawback.

Respected Contributor

I don't think Martha designed this herself.  This is made by SunJoe and Martha is endorsing it.  She probably picked the colors but she is not an engineer who designed this on her own.

Sad to hear about the poor design of the soap application.  I got mine yesterday but have not taken it out of the box.  Bought it to clean my siding, hope I dont need soap for that!

Honored Contributor

Got mine a couple of days ago. Love it! Does everything she said it would.

No problem with the soap container as you described. I did watch the video that came with an email showing how to do everything with it. Found it simple/easy to use.

Really cleaned up my white fence and particularly the cement walkways that had accumulated grime/grit from winter weather.

My house is white, so when I used it on the sides, it took off the green color that usually accumulates during the cold season from the north side.

I have received a few of her things and am always satisfied. Intend to continue purchasing her products if it is something I need/want. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thrilled that you're so happy with the results - snow here so can't try it out yet.  Some of the reviews expressed the problem better than I did.  Once the wands were connected by banging them on the floor - now can't get them apart to install the soap container.  Being plastic one can't beat on it very much.  Several reviews are expressing the same problem - I'll just use the water pressure.feature.  Otherwise, love the product.

Super Contributor

I'm with you World Traveler!  I love my new Martha power washer.  I cleaned a lot of areas without even using soap, but did not find it that difficult to dismantle the wands and insert the soap dispenser.  It's lightweight and powerful enough to do the job without doing damage like I did with my previous cumbersome Karcher power washer.  I am so glad I bought it.  I cleaned for 4 hours the day after I got it and can't wait to do more. I find that in most cases all the complaints from the naysayers turn out to not be that big a deal for me on most items I buy.  Now, if EVERYONE complains about the same thing, that's something I listen to.