Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl I see it. It’s dated 2015. Much thanks.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Wow, you have so many different kinds of daylilies!  I only have one variety in my garden. Where did you purchase them?

@momoftwo2007  I go online and search companies that sell daylilies, and there are many.  It takes time to view, but I love looking at them.  I can pull up some of them if you would like.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF4350.JPG

@mousiegirl They are all beautiful, but this is my favorite.Smiley Happy Your garden must be a place of total enjoyment.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Mousiegirl, your daylillies are not only lovely, but bring back memories to me.

My mom gave me starts to all of hers, and then we discovered a daylilly "farm" in Michigan where we bought many more.  I think I recall having 23 species about 20 years ago.

How many do you have???  I love those pale, almost white ones that weren't around back then.

I understand this is controversial now, but way back then "edible flowers" were a thing; and of course I had to try it.  The pink daylillies were sweet!!

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF4350.JPG

@mousiegirl They are all beautiful, but this is my favorite.Smiley Happy Your garden must be a place of total enjoyment.

@Puddles  Most of it, but then there are the neverending weeds, lol.  Thank you for all of the hearts. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Mousiegirl, your daylillies are not only lovely, but bring back memories to me.

My mom gave me starts to all of hers, and then we discovered a daylilly "farm" in Michigan where we bought many more.  I think I recall having 23 species about 20 years ago.

How many do you have???  I love those pale, almost white ones that weren't around back then.

I understand this is controversial now, but way back then "edible flowers" were a thing; and of course I had to try it.  The pink daylillies were sweet!!

@denisemb  Yes, I believe I did read that daylilies were edible, but maybe safer to eat only what one grows, I am organic as much as I can be, potting soil isn't, but all vege fertilizer is.  I ate a nasturtium a few weeks ago, just as I remember from childhood, only they were much sweeter and juicer then.

I have under two hundred varieties, then there are many fans on each, so am giving some away this year.  I just bought two this week, the only that I am buying this year, which is amazing for me, but it's getting crowded around here, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the package of 10 perpetual bloomers from Cottage Farms this year.  My first.  I am hooked. 

I will see how they do with our very wet summers and I am not sure what to with them through the winters (that we don't really have) here in Florida.  I don't know when to make them go dormant.

Hope I can make them survive.  They are beautiful to see every day.  

I have enjoyed the ones posted here very much!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I ordered the package of 10 perpetual bloomers from Cottage Farms this year.  My first.  I am hooked. 

I will see how they do with our very wet summers and I am not sure what to with them through the winters (that we don't really have) here in Florida.  I don't know when to make them go dormant.

Hope I can make them survive.  They are beautiful to see every day.  

I have enjoyed the ones posted here very much!

@Zhills  You don't make them go dormant.  Many types of daylilies remain with green leaves all year, some will die back on their own, just remove dead leaves.

Google "daylilies how to grow in Florida," should get lots of info, but I doubt that they will have to be treated any differentkly than here.  I have to water because it does not rain much here, and never in the summer.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Wow, the new ones are really gorgeous.  I'm just in love with these plants and they are so easy to grow.  We're deadheading every day now and cutting back the spent scapes since some are rebloomers later in the season.  Thanks for sharing the pictures, loved looking at them.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  Wow, the new ones are really gorgeous.  I'm just in love with these plants and they are so easy to grow.  We're deadheading every day now and cutting back the spent scapes since some are rebloomers later in the season.  Thanks for sharing the pictures, loved looking at them.

@lucymo  I didn't know the old scapes has to be removed as soon as the flowers bloomed, maybe this is why my rebloomers don't rebloom.