Esteemed Contributor

I purchased these and put them up. I usually have many, many h'birds in my yard. They took a drink or two from these feeders and now all the birds are gone. They aren't even here to feed from my flowers. I'm so afraid they have died. When I opened the feeders to change out the nectar, I noticed that there is glue holding parts of it together on the inside where the nectar would have touched. Now, I feel sick. I won't put them back up and will go out and buy the kind I ended up throwing away. Smiley Sad

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: M55588 Hummingbird Feeder

@pattypeep , they may gone for another reason.  If you know the name of your feeder, google and see if you can find some info.

Hoping they come back!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure the hummers are fine; but there was something they didn't like.  Your feeder on the  Q has sold out so I can look at it.  However, the feeders I saw that woman ? selling are terrible.  Small and simple size is better.  Perhaps you need to make a fresh batch of the juice = 4 cups water and l cup sugar and disolve it in large mixing bowl like jell-o.  Let it cool in refrigerator.  Dried glue will NOT kill a bird.................(don't boil the water and sugar on stove)  (my hummers refused to drink if it had been boiled)     In NYS I have several birds all day..   Best of luck to you and hummers.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep   Hummzingers are the best feeders.  They're simple and extremely easy to clean.  I love them because you can see the hummingbird from all sides.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau