Honored Contributor

Looking for recommendations for a light weight battery blower for yard work

I hope someone can give me a recommendation for a light weight battery powered and not very expensive blower for the yard.  I don't know what the proper title for this tool is called.  I used to have one that either blew things - such as grass, leaves, etc. -- or su*ked them up.  It was electric and very heavy and I can no longer handle it --- to heavy, big and cumbersome!  I really just want a light weight one with a battery to use primarily for blowing grass from my sidewalks, patio, rock beds, etc.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for recommendations for a light weight battery blower for yard work

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Ryobi leaf blower a couple years ago from Home Depot. Not sure of the cost now, but under a $150.00. Maybe check it out online as there are different price points depending on your needs. Check the weight, too, as the batteries are a bit heavy, I think.  They are also good for blowing light snow off sidewalk and driveway.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I just saw 5/18/22 that Lowes has one under their "deals of the day" for $90 including battery.  It looks like a good deal with very good ratings.  You may want to check it out - free shipping too!  Says is 4.3 pounds, $40 off regular price

SKIL  PWR CORE 20-volt 400-CFM 52-MPH Brushless Handheld Cordless Electric Leaf Blower 4 Ah (Battery & Charger Included)

• CORDLESS LEAF BLOWER - Includes PWR CORE 20™ Brushless 20V Leaf Blower, 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery and Charger, Nozzle Attachment and Easy Storage Bracket

• LONGER RUN TIME AND BATTERY LIFE — Industry leading PWR CORE 20™ lithium battery technology wraps each cell with cooling material to keep the battery powering on for 25% longer run time and 2X battery life

• POWERFUL PERFORMANCE – The digital brushless motor provides efficient, high-performance power without the hassle of gas

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  I just saw 5/18/22 that Lowes has one under their "deals of the day" for $90 including battery.  It looks like a good deal with very good ratings.  You may want to check it out - free shipping too!  Says is 4.3 pounds, $40 off regular price

SKIL  PWR CORE 20-volt 400-CFM 52-MPH Brushless Handheld Cordless Electric Leaf Blower 4 Ah (Battery & Charger Included)

• CORDLESS LEAF BLOWER - Includes PWR CORE 20™ Brushless 20V Leaf Blower, 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery and Charger, Nozzle Attachment and Easy Storage Bracket

• LONGER RUN TIME AND BATTERY LIFE — Industry leading PWR CORE 20™ lithium battery technology wraps each cell with cooling material to keep the battery powering on for 25% longer run time and 2X battery life

• POWERFUL PERFORMANCE – The digital brushless motor provides efficient, high-performance power without the hassle of gas

I think this might be the one I purchased a couple of months ago.  It wasn't on sale and I paid about what the full price of this would be.

Great blower.  I live in the country with lots of woods so I have plenty of leaves and sticks to get rid of.  Works well with decent battery life.  

For the sale price, I'd definitely buy it again.

Super Contributor

Hi @AngelPuppy1 !  I also recommend a Ryobi leaf blower.  I have this one and it's just perfect for the chores you mentioned.  I got it as a package deal with the string trimmer too.  I don't recall the price for both, but it was an in-store special buy.  I think they may do that kind of promo often, so if you are able to visit a Home Depot you may find a good bargain, if you're interested.  I also ended up buying a Ryobi cordless drill which uses the same battery.  I like having a simple "homeowner model" cordless drill for basic tasks around the house and it's perfect for me.

Capture.GIF

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Worx is really good. I had never done any yard work until I discovered Worx brand. Subsequently my first product of theirs I purchased was the blower then a weed eater and on and on.  Worx also has a convenient free payment plan. I have enjoyed everything.

Honored Contributor

Thanks a lot for these recommendations!  They sound good.  I will look into them.  I will be ordering something here directly.  I appreciate your help! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin