Look what happened overnight...

Yesterday...

0EE21F9E-DBFA-40E3-BE87-AEADB5F054A6.jpeg

Today...

41CD7F09-D15B-4C70-8A43-9722D9BAB6AD.jpeg

Good day for quilting🙄.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Look what happened overnight...

And I just moved the avocado tree out of the den, onto the deck!

It is pretty where you are but I'll take my place in the states (VA).  I do need to check and see if the deer repellent worked it's magic on the hosta.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Ugh! Will it ever end?! LOL

Honored Contributor

Holy cow!  Did you want to laugh or cry?  I guess you were expecting it?  I see a lot of the country got snow or are getting snow.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

It is pretty where you are but I'll take my place in the states (VA).  I do need to check and see if the deer repellent worked it's magic on the hosta.

@Sweetbay magnolia   Hey, that’s funny. I’ve been doing the same thing with the deer repellent and the hostas! Usually works for me here in NY.

Valued Contributor

Colorado is expecting wet heavy snow Wednesday night into Thursday.   Maybe we can start gardening in May?

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia   Thank you for reminding me - I need to spray deer repellent.  I'm in PA and the hostas are just coming up.  Do you use Liquid Fence, homemade, or another?  I've used Liquid Fence in the past, but it's expensive so I may try homemade this year.

Esteemed Contributor

As far as figuring when it won’t snow and gardening issues, I should learn from one of my neighbors.  Their home, yard, and garden are always lovely.  A few years back, on a walk, I marveled at how long their daffodils were lasting.  As they were close to the road, I took a second look and discovered they were silk flowers.  We haven’t done that, but figure this could be the solution for many problems!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @ValuSkr , I hate spending but I use Liquid Fence.  I enjoy my garden far more than I hate spending cash on the stuff.

Wildlife lovers, be warned:  I am the biggest wildlife advocate "out there".  Deer have few predators and they proliferate, and of course, we feed them (and of course we have taken up in their territory).  It is mano y mano!

Pestilence on legs.  They carry Lyme and eat the forest understory and have twins!  Not just one, two!  In doing so they destroy habitat for many other important species.  I have no answer to the problem but I do what I have to do!  (Eat more venison). It's a very lean meat.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

We're suppose to get 2 feet of snow in the mountains tonight, and we're doing Easter this weekend. Maybe we won't die eggs and just hide them in the snow.