Honored Contributor

I am probably the last to discover this.  I was watering my pots on the patio this morning.  I have several large pots of lilies - I try to cut the pollen out but everything is blooming at once and I am behind.  I got lily pollen on a chartreuse t-shirt that I love.  Instead of brushing it off I got the adhesive tape dog hair remover before touching it at all.  It is completely gone - no sign of stain at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

I worked for a Floral Wholesaler and we would use chennile stems ...better known as "pipe cleaners"....

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I worked for a Floral Wholesaler and we would use chennile stems ...better known as "pipe cleaners"....

I went to Michael's one day and asked where the pipe cleaners were.  They has no idea what I was talking about.....

Esteemed Contributor

I was in sales....my customers asked for them both ways....the 'older' ones called them pipe cleaners...Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I am obviously one of those older ones!  Recently I went to Home Depot and asked a young man where the chicken wire was and he had never heard of it - evidently it is now called poultry mesh!

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm an "older one" too because that's what I call them!

"Chenille stems" sounds so fancy doesn't it???

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that removal info! My pollen is always off my hibiscus flowers have lots of them seems like I am always sporting yellow spots on my clothing! Ahh, the price of the  colorful beauties.... Maryanne

Honored Contributor

I plant red hibiscus in the front of my house every year. I have orange this year too in the back, so pretty.

There is way more pollen on the red ones though for some reason.

Frequent Contributor

I have many large  hibiscus. Red pink  yellow  orange .some Are topiary shaped some bushes. I bring mine in every year pot them in smaller Potts. Do you know they lose their leaves but bloom all winter? I have turned my glass walled dinning room into a greenhouse over the winter. So pretty to see those tropical blooms against the snowy back drop. Once they get back out in the spring  wow oh wow they go crazy. My bannana palm grew several feet in the past few weeks , that's gonna be fun to get in! Seems my hibiscus have tons of pollen this year ,I was just watching humming birds enjoying them! Enjoy your pretties  !  Maryanne

Honored Contributor

I wish I had room to bring mine in, I would love that.

Plus, I know that little new rescue of mine would have a ball in the dirt. I can see the mess now!!!

I just love checking them every morning & evening.

Thanks, enjoy yours too!!!