Esteemed Contributor

I usually buy three or four large spring flowering baskets from Ace Hardware each year. I want instant impact and these work for me in various planters that I have. Yesterday I visited the store to get peanuts for the squirrels and they were having guests pick an egg from a basket as they entered the store. I picked one and it hatched (lol) a $50 certificate for the store. It expires 5/1 so I went into their garden center this morning and asked when they will be getting their baskets. I really want to use the $50 for them. She said probably within two weeks. I hope so. I was disappointed that the store only gives you two weeks to spend the money.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

How exciting to win $50 like that!  I hope the baskets arrive on time.

Trusted Contributor

@pattypeep ~ Oh, wow!  I would LOVE to win something like that!  Congratulations and have fun spending it!  I always buy a few of their hanging baskets with impatiens.  I either cut off the hanger and place it on an upside down pot or pop out the entire plant and plant it in our shade garden.  Their plants are wonderful ~ last year they kept flowering right up until fall!  I look forward to them getting them in, too!  :-)

Honored Contributor

Lucky you. I wonder if our Ace Hardware has planters and baskets.