Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lakeside today in the garden...hot

@Lilysmom  I always enjoy your photos.  May have mentioned before but not sure, we visited Nova Scotia, PEI and Cape Breton Island many years ago.  Did a two week road trip up through New England (we live in RI)  and did the full drive then taking the ferry back to Maine.  It was fabulous!!!    Thank you for posting, you are in a beautiful area. 

Valued Contributor

HOT or NOT.....I would be out looking at those gorgeous views. I am jealous.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal , your trip was one full of beautiful scenery.  Nothing like the east coast IMO!

Things have changed a lot of the last ten years.  All for the good.  Waterfront has been developed so you can boardwalk for many kilometres from downtown to Point Pleasant Park.  Cape Breton now has two world class golf resorts listed in the top 100 in the world.  Highway twinning continues for safer trips.  It will be nice when we can open the borders again and go where we want.

I love August.  There is nowhere I would rather be than here in the summer. We are blessed.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@nomar , such kind words!  Thank you.  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom   what fun pictures!  We have a chair like that and it also needs to be redone.  Red is the perfect color.  One of these days.  Love all your critters!

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 , I was kind of amazed how easy it was.  You can buy spray paint that has a primer in it...a rust proof paint.  I used a sanding block/sponge (120 grit) as opposed to the sanding machine as I was worried about lead in the paint.  You don't have to get the paint off, just smooth the surface, clean and spray.  Give it a try!  LM

Trusted Contributor

@LilysmomBeautiful pictures and your furbaby looks so sweet. 

Valued Contributor

Just beautiful & so serene looking especially with the doggie.
If we could walk into those pics..looks enchanting.