Esteemed Contributor

It is finally warming up here.  It has been a strange spring and early summer.  Things are later than I have ever seen in my garden.  I keep thinking plants are done, get ready to pull them and then they show signs of life.  Now I am leaving all of them alone.

Sharing photos of the gardens at the lake below.  Enjoy.  LMIMG_4117 (Small).JPGIMG_4130 (Small).JPGIMG_4151 (640x478).jpgIMG_4155 (Small).JPGIMG_4162 (Small).JPGIMG_4164 (Small).JPGIMG_4179 (Small).JPGIMG_4188 (Small).JPGIMG_4204 (Small).JPGIMG_4213 (Small).JPG

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

It is finally warming up here.  It has been a strange spring and early summer.  Things are later than I have ever seen in my garden.  I keep thinking plants are done, get ready to pull them and then they show signs of life.  Now I am leaving all of them alone.

Sharing photos of the gardens at the lake below.  Enjoy.  LMIMG_4117 (Small).JPGIMG_4130 (Small).JPGIMG_4151 (640x478).jpgIMG_4155 (Small).JPGIMG_4162 (Small).JPGIMG_4164 (Small).JPGIMG_4179 (Small).JPGIMG_4188 (Small).JPGIMG_4204 (Small).JPGIMG_4213 (Small).JPG

Fantastic landscaping, Lilysmom, beautiful, and how wonderful to have a lake to enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

Mousiegirl, we have an abundance of rock and we selectively took out a lot of trees. We have been here ten years now and I have learned to use the rocks, tree stumps, hills, in our gardening.  I never planted anything in my life until we built our home here.  Now I am kind of a garden nut lol.  

I have great neighbors and we share ideas, plants, and are good friends.  We are happy to live where my husband grew up in our retirement.

If our hydrandreas ever bloom, I will share some photos.  I just loved seeing yours. My favorite flowering shrub I think.  LM 

Respected Contributor
LilysMom, I'd love to come visit for the rest of July and Auguts and first half of September or until the temps are actually in the lower 80s and feels like it. It was 75 yesterday but felt like 95 with the humidity and storms. It did quite raining for the fireworks, but it was very humid.

You lake is beautiful. You really have done a great job!
Honored Contributor

Your gardens always look so nice.  I like the stepping stones in the gravel paths.  And is that Siberian Iris?

Esteemed Contributor
ValuSkr, the irises came from my brother's cottage where they grow wild. These are the kind that love the wet. I have a couple of wet spots at the lake so I moved them into that area and they seem to have settled in well. Some of them are next to a huge rock that I have named The Rock of Gilbraltor. No one could touch that rock so we landscaped around it.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lakeside Garden

[ Edited ]
Tigriss, my sister lived on the Gulf Coast in Florida for almost ten years so I know what you mean about the humidity. It can be very draining.

This is a lovely spot in the summer but last winter was the worst one we've seen in many years. Not looking for a repeat of that any time soon. LM