Super Contributor

LESS SUCCESS WITH QVC PLANTS

Im not sure if its just me, but I dont have the success I used to have with plants from QVC.  This year because of the CA drought, I only purchased a tomato plant that I grow in a large pot.  It is supposed to produce a variety of tomatoes, but everyone so far has been small!  Ive fertilized regularly, and water it regularly, so am very disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LESS SUCCESS WITH QVC PLANTS

I don't think its you.

Please call to get a refund.

Honored Contributor

We had a very hot & dry August-September in eastern PA, and I've been watering my gardens and potted plants every three days.  I can't imagine gardening amid the CA drought.

Respected Contributor

I have totally changed my plant buying habits....now I shop at native plant nurserys! You usually only have to water them in the first year than they are set. They also, being natives, tend to draw the local birds and other wildlife into your yard and I like that! Shop native plants first!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

We had a very hot & dry August-September in eastern PA, and I've been watering my gardens and potted plants every three days.  I can't imagine gardening amid the CA drought.

As my Mother would say, "it tain't easy, Magee," lol.  I am so sick of hand watering, and watering at all.  We have had summer all year, hot, hot, and more hot, not to mention the horrid humidity, though that isn't every day, thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

@Queen Aud wrote:

Im not sure if its just me, but I dont have the success I used to have with plants from QVC.  This year because of the CA drought, I only purchased a tomato plant that I grow in a large pot.  It is supposed to produce a variety of tomatoes, but everyone so far has been small!  Ive fertilized regularly, and water it regularly, so am very disappointed.

So far, everything I bought from both companies is growing well.  The only problem that I have had is that I ordered, from Cottage Farms, two sets of three pink rose bushes intending to make a hedge of them.  I received two sets, one set is one type of rose, the other set another type of rose,  and neither set are the roses I ordered, so I did request a refund and received it. One set is okay whatever it is, but the other is so ugly I tossed it.  I will not have the hedge I planned on, so will go looking next year.

Honored Contributor

The only success I've had with mail order plants is the indoor plants. I have better luck when I buy any kind of plants locally, they may not be exotic, but they produce.

Esteemed Contributor

I can grow most anything.....except for Roberta's and Cottage Farms plants. The only ones that ever did well were last years "Fairy Roses".

The lilac, lavender and the rest are alive....but NOT worth what I paid for them.......no more.....

Honored Contributor

I had zero luck with anything I ordered (several years back), therefore I have not ordered any plants from QVC since that time. I buy plants locally. Good luck with your gardening.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I had zero luck with anything I ordered (several years back), therefore I have not ordered any plants from QVC since that time. I buy plants locally. Good luck with your gardening.

Lilacs take time to grow.  I bought the set of two twice blooming Lilacs this year and though growing, they are small, but I expect next year they will get going.  As long as there is life, there is hope. Smiley Happy