Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden....leaf pick up is 'free' so to speak, it is included in our utility bill.  We don't have containers - we just continually fill a large rubbermaid trash container and dump it at the curb....after city wide leaf pick up is over we can take anything else to our recycling center.  They have a large sweeper/vacuum sort of thing that they drive down all the streets and pick up leaves at the curb.  They city workers do a great job.

We also have an 'all garbage pick up' once a month.  You can put out just about anything (no paint, solvents, etc) and it is picked up.  If you are remodeling you cannot put out your construction debris, but they take mattresses, furniture, etc.  It is a great service.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Sounds really nice!👍

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden, in case you didn’t see the photos I added to my ‘Windswept’ post, I will add them here for you.  These are my before and after photos of my back yard.

little wonder I hate Fall cleanup.

425DD9B8-FCDE-42C0-BC31-F7517DF0C09C.jpeg

DBFD0A79-BE80-4A92-B5A1-38A200899542.jpeg

After cleanup, from my living room window.  LM

CB3BBBFE-56B5-4E21-9ABA-C1C8650B7BB7.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I bought  a Toro tlhat mulches leaves into a bag. Even with that I spent hours doing leaf pick up.  Much, much better than raking.  The tree is only 2/3 down.  I won't pick up the next batch.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  What a breathtaking yard!  Absolutely beautiful!  Thank you for sharing!  You live on a lake?  That sounds like a dream! And I THOUGHT  my yard was big! 😀

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey, can you give a link for the Toro?  I am not sure this is a good idea for me as my yard is huge.  I a, interested though.  TIA.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden, it is lovely here but the yard is very big.  Good thing I love to garden.  Fall cleanup is my least favorite time of the year though!  We built our retirement home here.  It’s such a treat to get my summer exercise swimming in the lake,  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom  even with this I was exhausted!  I got it at Home Depot $70ish 

Toro Ultra 250 MPH 350 CFM Electric 12 Amp Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey, thanks, I will check it out.  LM

Honored Contributor

This is one of the reasons why I HATE Fall! Everyone on here boasts the wonders of "beautiful" Fall....Yuck. A LOT of work! Our property has an abundance of trees. Gorgeous but an oh so daunting task to winterize in the Fall. We have a blower and my dh has a professional BillyGoat  "vacuum/mulcher" that he uses to vacuum up the leaves. He just walks up and down vacuuming like you do with carpeting in your home!  We've had it for years and it's a life saver! We are fortunate to have the woods way in the back to dump our leaves. 

"Pure Michigan"