Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  Yes.....I am dealing with what you are!😩

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden, then we are garden buddies!  Can you blow them anywhere?    Any wooded areas around?  I clean the road to the lake as well and the blower is a godsend.  I have been switching from brown mulch to river rock in some of my beds and you can just blow the leaves off the rock.  I also use it in the mulched beds but I have to be more careful.

Otherwise, you can blow into piles and it makes the raking less and easier.  I am all for using whatever equipment makes the job easier.  My only gripe is that my property is so big, the blower only lasts about 1/2 hour before it needs to be charged.  It would be nice if you could borrow one to try it out before you buy.  LM

Honored Contributor

I can flip a switch and the blower becomes a mulching vac

There's a bag attached, I empty the bag where I need mulch

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@software wrote:

I have a blower, it's amazing

Blows like a jet engine.

Lightweight.

I can't wait for fall to use it.

@software    so... you blow them into a big pile and then do what?  Don't you still have to put them into a yard waste container?  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden, then we are garden buddies!  Can you blow them anywhere?    Any wooded areas around?  I clean the road to the lake as well and the blower is a godsend.  I have been switching from brown mulch to river rock in some of my beds and you can just blow the leaves off the rock.  I also use it in the mulched beds but I have to be more careful.

Otherwise, you can blow into piles and it makes the raking less and easier.  I am all for using whatever equipment makes the job easier.  My only gripe is that my property is so big, the blower only lasts about 1/2 hour before it needs to be charged.  It would be nice if you could borrow one to try it out before you buy.  LM

@Lilysmom  No my blowing is limited.... My yard is totally fenced with maple tree  all around the outside of the fence. So, I just am raking for a good two months in the fall....and of course as you know with a big yard , cleanup is year round! I have both lawn and barked area around the lawn...and many trees in my yard( not  huge maples!)  but birch and  Japanese maples....so messy trees.  I will take a picture tomorrow🙂

Esteemed Contributor

fullsizeoutput_145.jpeg

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia, lovely❤️!  LM

Respected Contributor

CAUTION:  If you are going to run the leaves over with a lawnmower, please protect your eyes, nose and mouth from any poison ivy oils that may be on those leaves.

DH found out the hard way and landed in the emergency room:  his eyes were swollen shut and huge bags expanded under the eyes.

Be safe

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden. Leaves are one thing I really do not like about fall.  DH raked on Saturday....the yard looks like we never touched it.

We have a blower but have to be careful around the mulch.

Honored Contributor

We can either gather up and take to the recycling center or put out to the curb and the city will pick up 1x a week.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

We can either gather up and take to the recycling center or put out to the curb and the city will pick up 1x a week.

@Mom2Dogs   Do you get a container to fill? I get one container and any extra paper bags that I fill with leaves they charge me about $3.00 a bag extra. 

After November they only collect the yard waste once every two weeks rather than every week and in march start with the weekly pickup again through spring  and summer and fall.

I ask my neighbors if I can use their container if they are not using it... we get paid for the container  on our bill whether we fill them or not so it seems foolish not to ask neighbors  if I can use theirs.