Respected Contributor

Just Got My Gardenia Tree!

[ Edited ]

I am so happy with the great condition and how healthy my new Gardenia Patio Tree is that came on Friday!  I immediately repotted; I will post pics/updates as the season goes on.

IMAG0740.jpg

M53281
Cottage Farms Scentsational Gardenia Patio Tree

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Got My Gardenia Tree!

@BornToShop

I am so jealous!  When I lived in Southern California I had several gardenias planted in my front courtyard.  I love that smell in the garden.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop, I am not familiar with this tree (I am in Zone 5). But it looks lovely.  I will be interested to see it in bloom.  Pls post again.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom, I am in zone 9b so I couldn't resist this.  My mom is in zone 6 & really wants to order it but like you, it would be a burden to move a patio tree in & out due to the colder temps.  I was extremely happy with how healthy it arrived.  Stay tuned...!

Honored Contributor

I'm impressed by the size and condition. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wish to rain on your garden - but it's generally recommend not to transplant - repot anything new for a week or more.  What I've heard & read is.....the plant needs time to adjust to its new enviornment - climate - amount of sunlight, etc., so don't 'mess' with it immediately.  I hope all goes well for your lovely plant - best of luck.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt, I followed Cottage Farms instructions to the "T".  I figured that way I can get them to stand by their customer service support of "if you aren't happy then we are not happy..." policy in case it doesn't thrive.  Regardless, I am looking forward to the journey!  

Respected Contributor

It looks great...I'm impressed. I see you got it from cottage farms? I've wanted one for indoors ...please let us know how it well it blooms. Enjoy...already looks beautiful!
Honored Contributor

It's beautiful!  Please do post again when it's in bloom. How in the world does QVC ship that?

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I am so happy with the great condition and how healthy my new Gardenia Patio Tree is that came on Friday!  I immediately repotted; I will post pics/updates as the season goes on.

IMAG0740.jpg

M53281
Cottage Farms Scentsational Gardenia Patio Tree

@BornToShop  I bought two of these last year for my deck, and they look wonderful, produced many large flowers last year.