Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: June 5, 2021 Garden photos, Summer in the air

Beautiful, peaceful, relaxing come to mind !

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi , you and Inwould be friends IRL.  I am such an early riser.  Since I am retired, I get up when I have enough sleep, sometimes at 4 am but not often.  It is my favourite time of day although I usually don't go in the garden😀.  I have a couple of hours to myself, that first cup of coffee, daily newspaper, etc.  I love it but don't look for me after 7 pm.  All electronics are away and I am at the tv.  I watch the news and a show or two and retire.  

Don't love the phone and never answer it after 7!  S

Respected Contributor

@godi , thank you!❤️  S

Respected Contributor

@abbalulu  thanks for your comments.

Yes, the property goes down to the lake where we have gardens also.  You will see more of those soon as we begin the swimming season.

No training here, just a love of gardening and, now that I am retired, the time to do it.  There are some, at least one poster here, @JustJazzmom , who is a master gardener which is an accredited and recognized program.  In my area these programs take place over winter and I have thought about it but I have winter hobbies that keep me busy as well.

We live in a four season location.  I love gardening six months of the year but would not want to do it for 12.

Thanks for posting!  S

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leggett28 , that is the road to the lake.  The first trip up that road every year is a killer lol😄.  We bought a side by side (ATV that carries two people...looks like a Jeep) to come up and down but I confess we don't use it much.  Mainly for chores around the yard, lugging stuff around in the back which has a dump feature.  The gardens and the lake are my gym in summer.  No need to go elsewhere for exercise!  S

Respected Contributor

@deja vu , @JYWilliams @OKPrincess , thank you.  We are lucky to live in a place with such great natural beauty.  We just paint the canvass a little more!  S

Respected Contributor

Everything looks beautiful...I love that hanging basket of colorful flowers.