Honored Contributor

Every single year,some years are worse, you wait to have pretty flowers all winter then you plant them ,and before you know it there is holes in leaves,they destroy roses.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

No, we don't have a bettle problem.  Matter of fact no incest problem.  Our plants, gardens & flowers are "treated" by landscapers every week.

This post made me laugh aloud.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

No, we don't have a bettle problem.  Matter of fact no incest problem.  Our plants, gardens & flowers are "treated" by landscapers every week.

This post made me laugh aloud.

Me, too, making me want to ask, "confused.gifWhat does that have to do incest?"  confused.gif  Woman LOL

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I use that on my grass, but i need to look into that for flowers.

Esteemed Contributor

well I guess I'll continue to pick them off and put in my soapy wAter bucket!  It seems ninty if you do the same thing in various ways.  Yesterday between DH and myself we picked 25 !  Katerina there were more !!!  These insects REALLY bug me !  Now there on our japanese flamingo willows as well.  I don't wNt to use the insecticide as I do know it can harm the bees ,  don't wZnt to do that. 

Honored Contributor

Other Japanese beetle loving plants are hibiscus both patio and hardy hibiscus. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG@lulu2

Thanks for the heads up.

doh.gif*hanging head in shame* 4_9_8.gifno-thanks.gif.pagespeed.ce.UvIhpVAzZJ.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I mixed up some sal suds, added neem oil,and peppermint last night, hoping that will help.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, i was told to try aat my local center for my hibiscus and rose of sharon. I did buy a bag but it has not helped so far.

Respected Contributor

Back north it was a constant battle with them and my lovely roses. I used a lot of those traps. Good luck.