Trusted Contributor

Re: It's August in Washington state so roll up your windows and lock your doors!

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

Really funny!! However--I must be the only one in the whole world that can't grow zucchini to save my sole. I live in western wa, and planted 4 or 5  plants and got ---maybe----3 smallish ones---that was a few years ago. My e were a joke too---but my lilies were spectacular!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wagirl, don't feel too bad; I think it has a lot to do with climate change in this area. I used to grow a virtual forest of tomatoes without having to water or fertilizer them up too much.

This year I planted just two starts and watered and fertilized them appropriately (in my opinion) and I don't think I will end up with much more than a dozen edible fruit. Better luck next year!

Because I've had to work so hard this year, and even my baby Ginko is dying, I've pretty much decided to not bother with it except to keep it mowed and weeded, and let the wildflower take over--even the volunteer rutabagas i found in the back yard a few days ago.

Honored Contributor

Re: It's August in Washington state so roll up your windows and lock your doors!

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFace; something you mentioned about keeping grass mowed/weeded. Is your baby ginkgo tree surrounded by grass? If so, remove the grass at least 6”on all sides. A weed whacker if applied too closely to your tree could cut the tender bark & that wound could become an entrance for insects and/or disease.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

lol