Esteemed Contributor

DSCN1617.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like you have both PI and Virginia creeper (benign).  Leaves of three, let them be,  Leaves of five, let them thrive.

They often co-exist.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

It looks like Virginia Creeper. If it's a vine? That's what the leaves look like. They'll crawl along the ground, too.

Honored Contributor

Three shiny leaves=poison ivy.

Valued Contributor

Yes.  Your Poison Ivy is right there in the foreground.

Honored Contributor

Take an artist brush and paint the leaves of three with Round Up. Make sure no rain in forecast or shut off sprinklers for a few days. Or wearing old gloves & long sleeves pull out the poison ivy (if you want to keep the Virginia creeper.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

The three leaved plants are. Unfortunately Round-up won't kill it! (Veteran of Poision Ivy wars.) You can buy "poison ivy and brush killer." Wear gloves, long sleeves, long pants, shower with cool water as soon as you're don. Don't. Ever burn it.  Be careful and good luck.

Honored Contributor

Last year I eliminated a large poison ivy patch under a tree by spraying with a solution of vinegar and salt.  Worked like a charm - and less expensive than Round-Up.  Had to be careful where it's sprayed as it'll likely kill whatever it touches. The tree itself wasn't affected. 

Honored Contributor

The 5-leaf vine is Virginia creeper and I am allergic to it just like I am to poison ivy.   

While the leaves of do not produce urushiol, the sap within the leaves and stem contains raphides (needle-shaped crystals of calcium oxalate) which can puncture the skin causing irritation and blisters in sensitive people.--from Wiki

@YorkieonmyPillow

Respected Contributor

First thing I remember learning in Gifl Scouts - the difference in Poison Ivy and Virginia Creeper.  Poison Ivy - 3 leave.  Virginia Creeper - 5 leaves.Brings back some pleasant memories of younger days.