Honored Contributor

I need suggestions on how to re~pot these Yellow Bell Pepper seedlings.  I started them in a milk jug about a month ago.........

18620704_2077419342485420_6794983377676907219_o.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: ISO ~ Bell Pepper Advice

@SydneyH  I'll leave the professional gardening advice to others, but I just wanted to say congratulations on your beautiful seedlings!  I love all things fruit and veggies, just look at those stout little sprouts begging to be replanted and give you a healthy life!

Honored Contributor

I'm a newbie gardener, I'd love to see them thrive but I'm thinking they've outgrown their current home.

Honored Contributor

How many plants do you need? The easiest way would be to thin them by pulling ones that are too close together and then transplant what's left. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom Do you know what the potential yield would be per plant?  I'd be very happy with 4 healthy plants.....

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of variables, those are still tiny and it will be months before you get any fruits off them, we usually get at least a dozen bell peppers off each plant. But they aren't nearly as large as the ones in the grocery store because I don't thin the fruits and we don't heavily feed them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I would replant in styrofoam cups.   They are very tiny, and if you lived in West Virginia where we have a short growing season, these plants would never mature enough to produce peppers.   We have seedlings this size by early March, and by the time we plant gardens in late May or early June, we have planted them in coffee can size pots.   

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH  This is easy.  They look like they're ready for sticking right in the ground, or you could let them get a little bigger and then stick them right in your garden, full sun or mostly sun.  Let them get a little bigger and then fertilize.

Honored Contributor

You could transplant to the ground but get them used to the outdoors during the day for a week first. Bring them indoors at night. 

More pepper plants give you more yield. If you have rabbits, put rabbit fencing around them so the leaves aren't eaten.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼