Valued Contributor

I miss Phillip (Cottage Farms)

I really do.  He made me tune in and was like his own form of sunshine.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I miss Phillip (Cottage Farms)

Agree - have only watched CF once and it was DULL.  Phillip's interaction with the female host was "special".  I wonder about Hazel...........if Phillip move away.  Special friendship and hope he's in good health. 

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt@Julie_23 per his facebook page Phillip said QVC didn't renew his contract.

Trusted Contributor

ITA

Valued Contributor

I sent in an email to QVC using their "Email Us" page.

Hi,

Please consider bringing back Phillip Watson to represent Cottage Farms on QVC. Honestly, he was why I would tune in to watch. He exuded such joy and warmth, not to mention the incredible breadth of knowledge he would share. He is a total gem! Please bring him back.

Sincerely,
Julie

Honored Contributor

there is a long thread in community chat with updates from phillip.

he had issues with cottage farms and NOT with qvc.

there are several posts about hazel also.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/phillip-watson-leaving-cottage-farms-qvc/m-p/4787338#M12...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I do too. The new lady is just not the same. I hear Jill correcting her, tooo..on the Daylilies..geez it's almost embarrassing..Phillip has a talent for gardening and a talent for teaching others and humor mixed in..Makes it fun to watch whether you buy plants or not..

Regular Contributor

Phillip won't be back. he and Cottage farm could not agree on a contract so he has moved on..He is writing his memoirs and other endeavors. I'm sure Cottage Farms is regretting their decision and it's their loss..sad for QVC and us..

Valued Contributor

Philip is a natural for television.  He was a delight to watch and I have purchased many CF plants because of his knowledge and directions.  The days I didn't order, I still enjoyed his presentation, stories and humor.  He made me feel good about gardening.
If this is truly the case, I'm sorry to read that CF chose not to renew his contract.  That may prove to be a misstep by CF because, though the new representatives for CF are thoroughly knowledgeable, they just don't have the spark that Philip has.  In time, perhaps I will feel differently, just not now. 
Frankly, I think Philip would make a terrific QVC host for gardening shows, especially with Carolyn!
Wishing Philip the best with his new endeavors and much good health and happy times.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

@MaeE wrote:

Phillip won't be back. he and Cottage farm could not agree on a contract so he has moved on..He is writing his memoirs and other endeavors. I'm sure Cottage Farms is regretting their decision and it's their loss..sad for QVC and us..

IMHO, I think it's just a matter of time before Cottage Farms won't be back either.