Honored Contributor

Re: I love listening to Phillip Watson

@Reeverwrote:

@MarkeieMarkwrote:

This is an excert from the Philadelphia Inquirer...

In his new place, he’s also closer to Greenwich, Conn., where he designs gardens on properties ranging from 10 to 20 acres. Ten to 20 acres in Greenwich is shorthand for gazillionaire, and judging from the turrets and waterfront views in Pleasure Gardens, Watson’s 2010 self-published book, he works with a virtual blank check.

His clientele would be today's high society, 'old money', and people raley ever heard of unless you ran in their social circles.

Sickening that people have this kind of money while so many of us are barely getting by. An indulgence may be to order a Denim and Company item for me.  

He earned it

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ReeverIf you have a single-family home and are only paying $25 for lawn care, you are getting a steal of a deal!!! 

Prices would vary depending upon where you live. I just had my landscaping done in late 2017. Go out for several estimates after you have an idea what you need/want. Ask a lot of questions if you need ideas. Know how much work you are willing to put back into your yard. The first year with new shrubs, trees and plantings requires lots of water and fertilizer. Time and perhaps, trimming.  It's my favorite hobby and a passion; and, I'm a Master Gardner.  I knew exactly what I wanted and wasn't about to settle for anything less. My ideas eliminated the wanna-bes from the pros immediately!  It was not an easy-peasy job, but is one worth placing in their portfolios and websites. Anxious for the remainder of the things to be planted when the weather warms up!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 If he looks his age, I don't want any close ups on me. I'm 65 and look way worse than he does. So, I guess it's not the age, it's the mileage Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@softwarewrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@MarkeieMarkwrote:

In his new place, he’s also closer to Greenwich, Conn., where he designs gardens on properties ranging from 10 to 20 acres. Ten to 20 acres in Greenwich is shorthand for gazillionaire, and judging from the turrets and waterfront views in Pleasure Gardens, Watson’s 2010 self-published book, he works with a virtual blank check.

His clientele would be today's high society, 'old money', and people raley ever heard of unless you ran in their social circles.

Sickening that people have this kind of money while so many of us are barely getting by. An indulgence may be to order a Denim and Company item for me.  

He earned it

So I suppopse many people in third world countries without running water should be sickened by all of us huh?  

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-momwrote:

@Kachina624 If he looks his age, I don't want any close ups on me. I'm 65 and look way worse than he does. So, I guess it's not the age, it's the mileage Smiley Happy

@PA Mom-mom. Some people have traveled a rougher road than others.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

This man is so energetic for a 65 year old. I'm amazed he his that old.  He is always smiling and would make a great friend. It seems like him and Carolyn Gracie are friendly off the air.

@Reever  They are, have been to each other's homes.

Honored Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

My landscaper charges $25 but only cuts the lawn. I'd be interested in hiring a designer who can help incorporate new shrubs and flowers into my yard. Does anyone know what someone like this charges ?

@Reever  I am certain that the rates depend on where you live, and what you need to be done, but they aren't cheap.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy watching Phillip he is so much fun. I have to turn the channel when Roberta's is on so boring.

Honored Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@softwarewrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@MarkeieMarkwrote:

He earned it

So I suppopse many people in third world countries without running water should be sickened by all of us huh?  

If they are reading this, yeah maybe

Valued Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

@MarkeieMarkwrote:

why is it sickening that some people are successful?

If he didn't have clients he wouln't be successful either -see how that works?

Most people work very hard for what they have accomplished-