Respected Contributor

Re: I killed my nice green lawn with scotts weed and feed ):

Yes, thank you very much to gardenman and JustJazzmom for the information on zoysia grass. I appreciate your replies.

pup

Respected Contributor

If you want to help your lawn try the following insteat of Scotts:

Turf Trust Lawn Fertilizer 24-2-12 - Green Grass Solutions

Rating: 5 - ‎4 reviews - ‎$39.99
Turf Trust Fertilizer 24-2-12 is a premium, professional lawn fertilizer, that will feed your lawn for 12-14 weeks. Turf Trust Fertilizer covers 5000 sq ft. Turf Trust ...

Look up all the information you can on this product, it is a safer for lawns.....
Honored Contributor

That is an awful lot of nitrogen to your lawn. Try Milorganite -- a 2500 sq feet covering bag runs about $12.99 at Home Depot/Lowes and is lower in nitrogen. The bag's numbers are 5 - 2 - 0.

A lawn will only take up so much fertilizer, if it doesn't use all of the nitrogen, it then gets disgarded and taken up by our waste streams and aquifiers/reservoirs.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

We had the best lawn on our block and this same product destroyed it. Organic is the way to go. check dirtdoctor website for all the specs.....our lawn looks fabulous again now but it took a while to get the grass back and healthy. We use dry molasses to enrich the soil. Corn gluten meal for a pre-emergent in fall and spring......well worth it and I will never use Scott's again....dont know why it's even on the market.