Honored Contributor

Re: I am so ready for spring! What have you bought new for this

I bought lots of seeds and one 2 pack of Dahlia Motto tubers from my local Walmart. I'll be picking up another 2 pack of Dahlia Kelvin Floodlight on Saturday. The dahlias are just $5 for each 2 pack so they're a good deal. Absurdly cheaper than through most online/mail order retailers. You pay about twice that through other retailers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like @VegasBusinessWoman I have a bed that has been badly neglected for two years, although not for reasons as serious as hers. Mine because I was working too much and last summer was just too danged hot!!  I've got one end (about 20%) of it under control. The rest...I'm tempted to cover what I want to keep and "round-up" the rest. (No comments, please.)

As to what I've bought...I'm not even thinking about plants yet. But I did buy the line of bunnies from Plow & Hearth.  They'll be inside through Easter and then have a home in a bed outside. 

We've had about three days of winter and I'm not looking forward to dealing with weeds that should have died...but haven't. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Phillip got me (again) this morning with Carolyn....the multicolor Butterfly Bush....3 colors in one! LOVE seeing Phillip Watson again and his book available on Q is wonderful as are his plants.