Trusted Contributor

I Picked Up my Pansies Today!!!!

Our local garden spot has drive up service.  I phoned ahead and ordered 12 pansy plants.  Told them the colors I wanted and drove out there to get them.  They took the money through an open window and put them in the trunk.  But, I can't plant them right away because we are supposed to have snow!!!!  But, she said by Wednesday it would be OK to plant them outside.

Seems like spring now that I have my pansies.Pansies Clip Art - Old Design Shop Blog

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Valued Contributor

Re: I Picked Up my Pansies Today!!!!

Pansies are planted in the winter in the south.

Honored Contributor

Lucky you! Our governor insists on our nurseries remain closed. Not considered a necessity. Woman Sad

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Lucky you! Our governor insists on our nurseries remain closed. Not considered a necessity. Woman Sad

@ID2   Ours are open because they also sell local produce.

Trusted Contributor

In our state the garden spot is considered agricultural so they can be open.  However, it will be completely different in that we won't be able to get out of the car and pick out our own flowers, but at least they are available.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2   Ours are open because they also sell local produce.

They are being pretty strict and nit-picky with us. If my grocery store has a garden section, its roped off and forbidden. Same with the sale of paint. 

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

You are so lucky, I was thinking about pansies a couple of days ago, what a happy little flower!

Honored Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

Pansies are planted in the winter in the south.

@D Kay    We plant pansies in the wintertime in New Mexico too, although it gets quite cold.  Doesn't seem to kill them even with temps in low 20s every night.  As soon as it heats up for summer, the pansies die.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Our greenhouse hasn't been able to get their plants shipped yet, but they have opened and should be full throttle by May 1. We're getting snow in central Wisconsin in the next few days so planting will take awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

That's so nice @wismiss 😊 They'll be ready when you and Mother Nature are.  I'd love for you to post some pictures if/when you can.  

I really enjoy having flowers in my yard.  Right now my roses and azaleas are blooming, and I planted some lilies earlier today.  I've never planted pansies, but my neighbors do in the colors you posted:  purple, yellow, and white.  So pretty!