Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hummingbirds stopped coming...

We have not seen any hummingbirds for the last two days.  Ten minutes ago I took down my feeders.  Now one shows up!  The neighbors have feeders so I'll leave mine down. 

Valued Contributor

HUMMERS!!  I had a Hummer show up (ATL)around Thanksgiving one year not too long ago!  

I was glad I still had fresh food available for this late season traveler.  <G>  

I can appreciate the  365DAY   24/7  Hummer Feeding Schedule....

Now I am  i SW GA and leave the feeders out with fresh food until middle December.   

Set the feeders back out middle of March.    

I do believe  the same Hummer Families  come back to the same feeders year after year. 

CAT

Honored Contributor

I just mentioned, today, to my hubby that I had not seen any hummers for a while, he said he had not either. No more than a couple hours later one flew by my dining room slider door, hovered for a minute then went on to the feeder. Glad I left the feeder up.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

We'll probably leave our two feeders out for another week or so.

Respected Contributor

We had one green one that stayed he was green and my favorite. The feeder is still out just in case. I will miss them.

Occasional Contributor

Here in Washington State the Anas hummingbirds stay all year and the Rufus variety migrate south.  Hope this helps!!

Esteemed Contributor

It's October 5th (St. Louis area) - I put fresh "juice" in one feeder last Monday, but haven't seen any hummers all week. So - the feeders will come down on Sunday 10/7. I sure do miss them, but look forward to late spring.