Respected Contributor

Re: Hummers.........On The Road Again

My hummingbirds just came to the window to say goodbye. It flew back and forth in the window numerous times. I will miss them.

Trusted Contributor

I'm a couple of hours north of St. Louis and saw my last hummer 3 days ago.  They have kept me so entertained this summer.  Definitely going to miss them, until next summer. 

Trusted Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

I'm a couple of hours north of St. Louis and saw my last hummer 3 days ago.  They have kept me so entertained this summer.  Definitely going to miss them, until next summer. 

I spoke too soon!  My feeder was busy all day today.  I guess it does pay to leave feeders out for a while longer in case some migrate through.  

Honored Contributor

My humming pigs Woman Happy are year round. but since the intense smoke issues around here, I am N.E. of Seattle, they have hidden. but it is raining now and I see them buzzing the feeder again. Need to wash the feeder and make new food-------

Respected Contributor

@wagirl 

Stay safe in that area.  We live in the Northeast and have had smoke for three days in the sky.  Today we did have blue skies.  People with lung and breathing problems are at risk where you are of course, but even 3,000 miles away.  What a sad state of affairs. 

Honored Contributor

@maximillian ---yes, I have been very careful, thank you for your nice words. but after another day---yesterday----and night, of rain, we are looking good even in the east of WA where the fires are still burning, however much less with the cool, windless,  rain that they are getting too. Oregon is also benefiting from this weather--but CA is still a disaster-----heard that this smoke has even reached Europe----

Honored Contributor

I live in the Northeast and I'm still seeing them at my feeder. Yesterday and today.

It's always so sad for me to see them leave, because they were so special for me and my Mom. We loved to sit out on the deck and watch them. When they leave, it's like losing her again too.💔

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Birds not trucks! OH!  

Odd because I saw a Hummer yesterday coming home from the bank and thought you don't see many of those around any more.  And at one time they were THE thing to drive around here!

I thought of the truck when I saw the thread title - only because they are making a comeback in my neck of woods.

It is as though people kept them hidden away for a few years!  They still look like new too.

Trusted Contributor

I saw your headline.  I thought you were talking about, the vehicle 😊and wondered why you had posted in Garden! 

Esteemed Contributor

SW Suburban Chicago here.  We haven't had a sighting in three days.  I took down my feeders today.

I'm already looking forward to their return in early to mid May.