Honored Contributor

Leave the poor snake alone. Never get close to a snake that you can't properly identify. It will seek cover and go about it's business the same way that all the snakes in your neighborhood have been doing, before you noticed this one. Snakes are a part of the food web in your area and fulfill a necessary role in the environment. As long as it is not inside your home, you will not see it again. One of the classes I taught was called Animals You Love to Hate and another class was called Tooth and Claw. This was at a museum with live snakes and other animals. If you are severely anxious, you might ask for anti-anxiety medication if the anxiety does not subside.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh for crying out loud. Leave the snake alone. They have a right to be there. It will go away and it won't hurt you.

Honored Contributor

I grew up and went to camp in areas with rattlesnakes and hate them. You ain't seen nothing until you've seen someone lop off a rattler's head and watched that head keep striking when it wasn't attached to anything. But I've also had a corn snake as a pet. (You get weird pets when you're allergic to anything with fur or feathers.) I don't mind any snake that won't kill me.

But show me a nest of spiders and I'll burn that place to the ground. To. The. Ground.

New Contributor

Ohhhh huge black snake is seriously a great terrible. Usually snake enter in our home or garden to eat mice. So I would suggest you to with pest control or contact rat control sacramento professional team to eradicate mice from your home. If your house and garden is free from mice and rats, then automatically snake will not enter in your house and garden.

Super Contributor

I'd call an exterminator to at least come out and look around WITH me. Never leave them alone. They could easily say, "Oh yeah we killed it" and not do a thing. On seeing no snake and no skin from shedding or evidence of nesting then just keep pets inside and stay alert.