Esteemed Contributor

How often do you run your sprinklers?

It’s been very hot 🥵.  Are you running sprinklers often?  I just set mine to every other day.  Some areas of grass are drying out.

Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you run your sprinklers?

The co op has the sprinklers set to run daily and we water the plants every day

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

You can install sensors for ground moisture which take the guesswork out of it.  They manage the timing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never....we get enough rain here and the grass is still very green.

Esteemed Contributor

We had a LOT of rain last week. Just watering today for the first time in several days. Hoping we get a passing storm this afternoon- just a 50% chance.

Respected Contributor

Depends on the weather.  Lately we've been having pop of thunderstorms on almost a daily basis.  But if we run into a dry spell, we'll turn them on every other day or every two days.

Honored Contributor

The sprinkler company set ours at Tues Thurs & Sun so I assumed they knew what was common.  If things are really dry I might punch it to run another cycle on some of the other days or just zone 1 which includes the flower garden.  

Esteemed Contributor

We have rock for our yard so no grass back or front but we do have bushes and trees that we water every couple of days. When it's real hot, say 105 and over we usually give them an extra watering during the week.

Respected Contributor

We're on Stage I water restrictions.  I can only water one day of the week, during certain morning, or evening hours, determined by the last digit of my address.  

If we go to Stage II, it will only be by bucket, or hand held watering.  You can imagine what this does to lawns and gardens, with our TX heat.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

You can install sensors for ground moisture which take the guesswork out of it.  They manage the timing.

@Still Raining  is that hard to do?  Do I need the service to do that or is it a DIY project?  I'm not too good with DIY things.