Esteemed Contributor

Re: How much do you pay your gardener a month?

$100 for blow and mow and the take our garbage cans out to the curb as the next da is garbage da.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Contributor

$65 per week to mow, edge blow etc. Other labor like leaf removal, pruning, etc is $5 per hour per "man". They usually have a crew of 2-4 men for those jobs. Lot is about one acre. NJ.

Super Contributor

DH used to do it but he's older now and with as much as he is gone for work, it just got to be too much for him and he would rather relax and play golf on his days off!

So now we have a guy that comes to mow every 2 weeks. For $100/month we get 2 mows a month, and with that he does edging, trimming bushes and trees, and weeding the front ornamental beds if they need it. He also blows off the driveway and walkway and front porch. He bags and hauls off the clippings and grass debris too, which is nice.

Honored Contributor

I don't know, don't recall my husband ever asking for pay. LOL

Honored Contributor

With a pedi/mani -- I'm my gardener.

Honored Contributor

I raked and cleaned up the front yard, one side, and 1/3 of my back yard yesterday and all I got were some blisters on my hands. My yard waste can is full so I can't do anymore until after garbage day. My son or I mow. My son or I use the snowblower in the winter. My son always does it for really bad snows too. One of these days, I'll be too old and feeble to do it and will have to get more help.

Honored Contributor

We don't have a full-time gardener. DH mows weekly in the Summer. We have a service fertilize (I think monthly, but I'm not 100% sure) and twice a year (Spring/Fall) cleanup. I don't want to pay for a full-time gardener, and we have a small lawn anyway.

I didn't realize the general public , for the most part, had full-time gardeners on "staff"!Wink

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I buy myself a cookbook or something every once in a while as my salary. That's pretty much it.

I love to garden.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a very large back yard and that costs me over 200 dollars a month. But , I recently found another gardener who charges me about 150 to do the same thing. My front yard is very small so my husband does that himself.

Esteemed Contributor

Get a bottle of spectracide and spray a small amount on a few leaves of each strand of morning glory and it will kill the roots. I've used it for years.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein