Honored Contributor

How To Resize Photos Using A PC To Post Here @ The Q Forums

Degree of difficulty a 3 out of 5. Print out directions and keep practicing until it becomes comfortable to do.

1) Go to your My Pictures folder on your PC.

2) Choose a photo and right click it to copy/paste to your desktop. Leave the original in your folder.

3) Right click on the desktop one and scroll down to 'Open With'-- chose Microsoft Office as your option.

4) Click on the words 'Edit Pictures' NOT THE WORD EDIT, then look to the right of the monitor and click 'Resize'

5) Look for the words: Percentage of Original Width & Height and type in as an example '90%'. Right below that on the right side of the monitor you should see the words Original size -with the pixels listed and right below that New size-- with its pixels listed-- these should be less than the original pixel size.

6) Once you have done that 'click Save' -- that floppy disk icon on the upper left of the monitor.

7) Now you can go and upload it to your thread w/o that dreaded 'your file is too big' message.

Rose Garden, June 2015

Rose Garden 2015.JPG

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Re: How To Resize Photos Using A PC To Post Here @ The Q Forums

Thanks,JJM, for the step by step instructions.  At work,   I learn what I need to on the computer, but I didn't grow up on the internet.  

Honored Contributor

Neither did I lrmuffin; the millennials-- our children in their 20's did so they are teaching us. My middle son walked me through the steps and I figured I would share it for those who want to post photos.

Valued Contributor

Thank you JustJazzMom - It worked!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks.
Honored Contributor

Bringing to the top for those who want to post photos from a PC.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I tried this but indon't have Microsoft Office, I have something called Microsoft Word Starter and Excel. Probably not the full Microsoft version. If anyone has done this any other way, I'd love to know how. I imagine I can play with this to find a way when I get time which is in short supply these days😀! Weddings, christenings and funerals are all I seem to be going to! LM
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I tried this but indon't have Microsoft Office, I have something called Microsoft Word Starter and Excel. Probably not the full Microsoft version. If anyone has done this any other way, I'd love to know how. I imagine I can play with this to find a way when I get time which is in short supply these days😀! Weddings, christenings and funerals are all I seem to be going to! LM

I don't have Microsoft Office either, you just have to go to your pictures and fool around.  Yes, it is time consuming when first learning as I am.

Esteemed Contributor

Trying to resize ... here we go... LM

IMG_0691 (Small).JPGIMG_0682 (Small).JPGIMG_0696 (Small).JPGIMG_0725 (Small).JPGIMG_0728 (Small).JPGIMG_0679 (Small).JPG

Honored Contributor

Hurray for Lilysmom!!

I like your St. Assisi statue.