Super Contributor

Re: Help with refurbishing the part of landscaping in a backyard area.

Hi Lily and Justjazz- I love gardening and do a lot of reading online about plants I would like to use, I also thought of Morning gloies but too late I think to plant and bloom in time. I read through Rosehills dilemma and it seemed like she was having her husband rip out rose bushes and wanted a fresh start with something other than rose bushes. I too love hydrangeas and also have many varieties in my yard. Winter hit us pretty hard this year and a few of them are slow to recover even though I fertilize them in early spring. I love the long lasting blooms of hydrangea and since she already had daylilies easy moving them, behind hydrangeas, not so much for them to be front and center, they don't flower long enough for that and the dying back of the foliage can be unattractive. If she was one of my neighbors I would give her all the hosta for free, very easy to grow and split, and help her with her garden. LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with refurbishing the part of landscaping in a backyard area.

Hydrangeas and roses have different light requirements and I asked her to check how much sunlight the area received and then plant accordingly.

Morning Glories trellis nicely but they also reseed everywhere and I am not sure the OP wants to keep weeding out seedlings.

Hostas have different light requirements from daylilies too.

Its all about the 'right plant in the right place'.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼