Respected Contributor

I got these years ago from QVC.  They are a bulb low shade plant.  Recently a raccoon decided to befriend me who also uprooted both of them completely out of their pots.  I have the bulbs in damp paper towels in a large baggie. I cannot find/remember the name so I can replant them according to their care needs.  I believe “Dragon” was part of their name.  TIA!

BC4C3EE2-F2D9-4A46-9C3A-6224ED1C9F20.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

requesting your botanical genius!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Is it a bleeding heart? If someone else is sure of the name, go with them.

Honored Contributor

I’m going to say begonia because of the leaves, but the flower doesn’t match with begonia flowers. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

Is it a bleeding heart? If someone else is sure of the name, go with them.

Leaves are different on bleeding hearts or dicentra spectrablis or exima types.

And the bleeding heart flower though heart shaped has a lower lobe below the heart.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a bleeding heart. Very pretty plant! I don't have it and cannot ID it off the top of my head. If I have time and energy, I'll research it today. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Occasional Contributor

Dragon wing begonia? 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop  I'm pretty sure this is a variety of a dracena as there are many however I couldn't land on a pic that showed the flowers like these in your photo. I'm assuming these are the ones you purchased?

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@BornToShop  I'm pretty sure this is a variety of a dracena as there are many however I couldn't land on a pic that showed the flowers like these in your photo. I'm assuming these are the ones you purchased?

@PINKdogWOOD, I couldn’t find any pics either.  Somewhere in a box I have the information flyer it came with from Cottage Farms  Again, the plants in the pic are mine.  They go dormant & then bloom beautifully.  I don’t want to replant the bulbs yet in case my raccoon friend pays me another visit.  I am now going to go thru some boxes.  I’ll report back when I can find the info or if I remember the name.  

Thanks to all all for your responses!

Honored Contributor

I always appreciate the plant ID questions, I learn a lot & get to use my detective skills.