Trusted Contributor

Heads Up on the Sedum Carpet like CF

[ Edited ]

Went to Home Depot yesterday, and much to my surprise, they had sedum carpets just like Cottage Farms, actually they looked identical...for $19.99.

Just a heads up for folks that wanted additional and could not get them from QVC.

I bought two. Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Regular Contributor

Re: Heads Up on the Sedum Carpet like CF

Thanks for the info!  What part of the country are you located?  Not much going on here on the east coast, but will keep in mind for a later date, it would be so nice.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this.  Home Depots here in PA don't have them yet but I did see them last year and remember thinking it was a very good price.

Esteemed Contributor

Lowes by me (NJ) had them last year- 1/2 flats for around $15. The recent ts was almost 3x the size,  based on that I felt the ts price was fair 

Trusted Contributor

@Pink Cleome wrote:

Thanks for the info!  What part of the country are you located?  Not much going on here on the east coast, but will keep in mind for a later date, it would be so nice.

I'm in South Carolina, so the flowers, bushes and other plants are arriving now.

Esteemed Contributor

I received mine today and they look terrific; definitely not dormant.  I can find sedum locally but not the variety CF has in their "carpet".

Our local nurseries (NC) do not yet have plants available but I will be going to Lowe's this weekend looking for vegetable plants and will look to see if any sedum is available.  I've been inspired by today's delivery.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Marp  I was inspired too by the presentation.  The "carpet" wasn't in my budget, but a local nursery had several different sedums in 6-packs--maybe not exactly the ones CF showed, but I got some and enjoyed planting them.  Hope yours do well.  Mine are looking good. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue, I was at Lowe's yesterday and found the cutest porch swing bird feeder that I bought.  I'm going to put some of the sedum in it and hopefully it will trail the way I am visualizing.  If not it will still be cute.  I also have the front grill from a stand fan that died.  I am going to put a coco liner in it and add pieces of the sedum.  It will make a great centerpiece for my deck table.  The carpet is already growing.

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/693686/6936863084557lg.jpg

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp

That is very creative!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Occasional Contributor

Shoots I just bought 2 flats here & trust me I couldn't really afford it.  Thanks anyway for letting us know.