Esteemed Contributor

Have you visited your local gardening center lately?

Today I went to Home Depot and walked away in sticker shock. Are you seeing price increases in your area? What do you plan to add to your garden/landscape this spring?
Honored Contributor

Re: Have you visited your local gardening center lately?

It's too cold for much locally just yet, but prices have been trending upwards for quite a while now. I've expanded my seed starting space to compensate. I've got 3-72 plant trays now growing like mad under my lights and doing very well. I've got lobelias, impatiens, begonias, marigolds and dahlberg daisies all coming along nicely. I shouldn't need to buy much in the way of plants.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I have visited the website of my preferred nursery, so far on the product page, it just says new listing "coming soon". Hope soon is soon, as I can start planting in the next couple of weeks, in my zone. I am wondering about prices though. No real decisions made on what I will be adding this year, but know it will be perennials.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I've been buying from my local nurseries since Feb. I haven't noticed any price increases.

Honored Contributor

I went 2 weeks ago and they were having a big sale at Lowes, we picked up some potting soil and they had herbs and veggies for 5 for 10 dollars which was nearly 50% off.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Spent $114 today....I bought two double delight rose bushes (my fav) that was $40 - 20 each...bought several herbs and a tomato plant, humming bird feeder, and a couple of cleaning products.

Esteemed Contributor

Over the years I have tried to fill my garden space with mostly perennials. I sometimes buy a few geraniums to fill in since they do so well here. Most of the color I get is from potted plants that I buy ready planted and blossoming to get that instant gratification. As far as veggies, I planted sugar snap peas (my favorite) and will plant cauliflower this year for the first time in years.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I was looking at shrubs and perennials. I have a bed in the front yard (12 ft by 40 ft.) in full sun zone 8. It has a partial slope, and I was looking for evergreens and maybe some roses and daylilies. The smallest knockout roses were $30 at Home Depot. Cottage Farms has some Freedom Roses here at QVC for a better price. They sure are pretty and tempting. . .decisions. . .decisions!
Honored Contributor

It's too early here for plants, but the local garden center was advertising fertilizer. I thought it was a misprint. It was significantly cheaper than previous years.
Regular Contributor

Sad but nothing we can't water here in Cal.