Honored Contributor

Yea! Pee Gee hydrangea is a sun loving hydrangea that blooms on the current season's wood or new wood. This plant will do best in full sun -- 6 hours or more. 

Our area had a pretty mild winter and a rhododendron I've had for 4 years  finally bloomed for me despite wrapping it in burlap and using Wilt Pruf on it before I wrapped it all these years before. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any oakleaf hydrangeas at all around here.  It really ticks me off that garden centres sell stuff not suitable for our climate.  This came from a reputable nursery.  I will check this out now that you have raised the issue.  THanks for the heads up.  I may have just gotten a dud too.  That happens from time to time.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, just lovely!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@maggiemae1, thanks for the nice words!  DH husband is an avid fisherman and has been since childhood.  He fly fishes for trout and salmon.  He is off to Newfoundland next week for his annual salmon fishing week.  

Just love being able to swim daily.  I have started my long swims in the morning now to take place of my daily walks.  Easier on the joints and always welcome after playing in the dirt!

@maggiemae1, post some pics.  Would love to see your garden.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@maggiemae1, ha!  Blooms.  Terrific.  PeeGee's are great.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

The guy that laid my concrete came back today to cut it.  The grass has grown around the edges.  All done now.  I will post some finished photos soon.  I have one more small job to do this year but I am waiting for grass to grow back after we removed a raised veggie bed.  So far so good!  LM