Respected Contributor

Re: Happy healthy new year!! Suggestions for rose along driveway

Just realized Pearly Gates blooms on new wood, so that would require a LOT of pruning. Rather have something that blooms on old wood.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Bought a Coral Dawn climber today...its a light coral color, with fragrant blooms.   My first climber....please share any tips.

Valued Contributor

I remember reading about a white shrub rose "Iceberg" that was lining a large walkway.  I thought, at the time, of planting it myself.  Maybe you can look it up.

Honored Contributor

Iceberg is a good disease resistant white & it’s used as a parent plant for newer disease resistant roses like Brilliant Pink Iceberg & Burgundy Iceberg.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Thanks for those suggestions...looks like I'll get another climber in addition to coral dawn...we decided to put one more on the opposite end of the driveway...so I'll look into these suggestions. I saw the iceberg in my local nursery last year, I'll check that out if he's got it in again. That Don Juan( mentioned here) looks tempting too, local nursery just it in.☺
Honored Contributor

wrote:
Thanks for those suggestions...looks like I'll get another climber in addition to coral dawn...we decided to put one more on the opposite end of the driveway...so I'll look into these suggestions. I saw the iceberg in my local nursery last year, I'll check that out if he's got it in again. That Don Juan( mentioned here) looks tempting too, local nursery just it in.☺

But if you want disease resistant red climbers look at Winner’s Circle or Amadeus.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼