Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman  Your plants and porch are so pretty! It shows what time you've spent and enjoyment you get from them! Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice @gardenman , reminds me of Mom’s front porch and all her beautiful plants and flowers.  Everything you did looks beautiful, great job. 

Esteemed Contributor

Your hydrangea blooms are beautiful! Such wonderful colors on your front porch, and of course our beautiful Flag flying proud!

Honored Contributor
What a lovely home you have! I love the colors and so many blooms...just makes me happy!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Your flowers are just lovely! And your porch is charming!  Thanks so much for sharing!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Your hydrangea blooms are beautiful! Such wonderful colors on your front porch, and of course our beautiful Flag flying proud!

I haven't poked around the base of it, but I suspect my hydrangea may have ground-layered itself and is now more than one plant which would explain why it's both pink and blue. Though the soil ph should still be the same, so maybe not. This is the first year it's decided to be both colors. Our soil here is typically acidic and the rain is typically acidic, so I'm not sure where the pink is coming from. There's no concrete immediately adjacent to it to be affecting the ph. Maybe some of the roots have found a pocket of alkaline soil or some buried concrete that's giving part of the plant a more alkaline result and the pink flowers. That kind of makes sense. The roots have grown out and found a pocket of alkalinity and the parts of the plant being fed by those roots are now pink while the rest is blue. Anyway, it's kind of neat having both colors on the same plant.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!