Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with this host.  Is he a new host? Does he only do gardening shows?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Guy's in the Garden on HSN

[ Edited ]

That's Guy Jovan (sp?).  He's been there a long time.  I like him!

It's interesting that HSN is selling plants.  I haven't seen that before.  This is a different vendor than the ones QVC uses.

Honored Contributor

He's been on as long as I can remember.  I've always enjoyed him.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's Guy Jovan (sp?).  He's been there a long time.  I like him!

It's interesting that HSN is selling plants.  I haven't seen that before.  This is a different vendor than the ones QVC uses.

@ValuSkr I have never seen him before.  So far, I'm liking him too.  I was wondering about this vendor (Leaf & Petal).  I haven't had much luck with Roberta's plants.  I did buy some Cottage Farms Chinese Lilac shrubs many years ago and they are going strong, but I have also had other Cottage Farms plants that were DOA.  They replaced it with another DOA plant.  It was one of those grafted trees.  And I do understand about shipped dormant plants, so that was not the problem.  The only growth I got was a little that came from the root stock.  Robertas replaced a DOA plant with something completely different a year later that looked exactly like weeds I have in the yard except maybe bigger.  Plus, they were meant for sun and the plants I bought were shade plants.  No thanks.  Threw them out.  Made me so mad.

Honored Contributor

Guy's been a host a long time.  For awhile he wasn't on much, but his air time has increased the past year or so.  He's usually on in the mornings and does a variety of shows.

I like him and IMO he does a good job.

Honored Contributor

When he first began on HSN his then wife, now his ex wife was a vendor on there, she sold some kind of DIY art work. I remember when he first started she was much younger, and Colleen was his mentor, and she kept saying how handsome he is. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

When he first began on HSN his then wife, now his ex wife was a vendor on there, she sold some kind of DIY art work. I remember when he first started she was much younger, and Colleen was his mentor, and she kept saying how handsome he is. 

Her name is Carolyn Yovan and she sold stencil patterns.

Contributor

Guy actually started on Q2 way back in the (I think) early 90s or late 80s. Another host on that channel was Clinton Kelly. Times sure have changed!