Respected Contributor

Re: Guess No Winter For Us : (

@newname0 Beautiful photo...snow and all....Smiley Happy....... did you take that photo?

wrote:

Come here - we live in Chicago.  You can have our snow.

chicago-winter-2017.jpg

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

The high here today was 73; as nice as it was to have a beautiful spring-like day, I really wish winter, such as it is here, would come back.  The upside to the warmer weather is lower utility bills so I shoudn't complain!

Respected Contributor

@De Anna Oh it does get so hot there.....last time I remember it being 115+ degrees and thought I'd faint dead away outside...

Ya know, it gets me riled when other people put ya down saying "Well there is something wrong with you cuz this 98 degrees feels just fine to me!" Smiley Surprised

And there they are in their kitchen cooking chicken and dumplings.....Smiley Frustrated

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@Caligurll This is true......lower bills is good..........not sure how warm today but somewhere between upper 70's and 80.....OH, I think I heard a small breeze as one of my wind chimes, chimed, LOL.....

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@newname0 Beautiful photo...snow and all....Smiley Happy....... did you take that photo?

wrote:

chicago-winter-2017.jpg

wrote:

wrote:

chicago-winter-2017.jpg

I left after the "Blizzard of '67"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@cbrite you hit the nail on the head. I know people that say, I can't wait for the heat. Then when it comes, there the first to complain. At least I admit I hate the extreme heat. Hmmm. 

Honored Contributor

We are expecting another snow storm tonight with sleet and ice expected for the morning rush hour.  The kids were already off from school this past Monday for another snow storm.  We are in the heart of our winter season.

I would gladly trade houses for the winter with someone who has warm or hot weather in their neighborhood.  I hate winter.

Trusted Contributor

desertDi

I got this from a stock photo of Chicago during the winter tho it reminded me of my son's street when he lived in Chicago.  I remember the 1967 blizzard.  I left for college at  that time and was lucky to get a train out of Chicago.  Thanks for remembering.

Honored Contributor

I take it you are just trying to make those of us who struggling thorugh winter feel bad.  Well, you succeeded.