Valued Contributor

Has anyone heard of or used a product called The Grow Box?  I received an insert in one of my magazines and was wondering about it.  They are used for patio gardening and claim to give a high yield in little space with little work.  Sounds too good to be true.  I am 73 and live in a condo so gardening in the ground is not an option.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.  docsgirl

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

Has anyone heard of or used a product called The Grow Box?  I received an insert in one of my magazines and was wondering about it.  They are used for patio gardening and claim to give a high yield in little space with little work.  Sounds too good to be true.  I am 73 and live in a condo so gardening in the ground is not an option.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.  docsgirl

@docsgirl   I have heard great reviews. I grow all veges in either very large pots or in the two large wood boxes that DH built.  We have gohpers and moles.

Honored Contributor

We bought one on a friend's recommendation but haven't put it together yet.  We lost an entire beet crop last year to some underground pest we never saw until we harvested the beets.  I may get another box just for beets, I love them.