Honored Contributor

The first two bags of potting mix arrived today and were sent directly from Scotts and were nicely boxed. The third is now leaving Illinois, so I have no idea what the refund from Amazon was for since all three bags are now either here or coming. I'm pretty sure Scotts is losing money shipping them this way, but that's their problem, not mine. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Yup...gotta love them. I get my favorite potting soil (Happy Frog...the best!) for less than the price around here and delivered to my gate. Perfect. Lots of great gardening tools too. Better selection than my local stores.

Amazon.com : FoxFarm FX14047 2-Cubic Feet FoxFarm Happy Frog Potting Soil :  Soil And Soil Amendments : Garden & Outdoor

Honored Contributor

Two more bags of potting mix came today bringing my total to five bags or 10 cubic feet of it. And it all came right to my door for about what I'd pay if I bought it at my local Walmart. I have no idea how anyone is making money off of it at that price and then shipping it UPS, but that's not my problem. The poor UPS guy has now delivered a bit over two hundred pounds of potting mix to me this spring and is probably hoping I'm done. (I am.) At least until next year. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor
I bought four 50 qt bags of Miracle Gro organic spotting soil at Costco for $7.49 a bag. I get it every year there.
Trusted Contributor

We buy cat food, cat litter, tp, paper towels & anything else that is a good price but can be delivered by Amazon to our house - win/win, we don't have to shop for it at a store and then bring it home as they do it for us.

We ordered a cat feeding contraption as we would like to be able to feed the strays outside but don't want to attract vermin or others ... it came in pieces so dropped off at Kohls' & by the time we got to the car it was already credited back to our accAmazon isn't perfect but it is very helpful to us.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon certainly has taken over, hasn't it!

Occasional Contributor

yeah, thank you for the adviceSmiley Very Happy

Spoiler