Occasional Contributor

Got a question for Plow and Hearth

If you want people to believe that Plow and Hearth actually designed and manufactured their items, you should remove the "Made in China" sticker!  Just a suggestion.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Got a question for Plow and Hearth

@DDT47   I was just talking to a friend yesterday how everything (and I mean everything) I get from QVC says made in China.

I'm in the process right now of TRYING to remove that horrible smell out of a jean jacket I'd bought.

If I didn't like the color so much I'd send it back.  I've had to do that with many, many items.

Don't send me info on how to remove it.  I've tried so many different things.  I'm trying something new right now.  Fingers crossed.

So, even on my old QVC mattress I once spilled an entire bottle of water on the sheet, mattress, etc.

I never could get that horrible smell out of it.  I finally got a new bed.  I got a Sleep Number Bed.  But I did test it right after it was delivered.  I took off the cover and put 1/2 bottle of water over it.  

Guess what, no smell.  I love the thing.

Honored Contributor

Couldn't P&H have designed the items, then asked the Chinese to make it?  I presume you're talking about the spinners - poor Nancy Branmuller has to present them every year.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr   Design and send instructions to China - 98% of Q's vendors do that - heard Renee' say Chinese groan when they see her walk in the factory.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@ValuSkr   Design and send instructions to China - 98% of Q's vendors do that.

Yes, I expect so.  The only ones that don't are food vendors,.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr 

@ValuSkr wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@ValuSkr   Design and send instructions to China - 98% of Q's vendors do that.

Yes, I expect so.  The only ones that don't are food vendors,.

@I wouldn’t be so sure about that.I don’t buy any food from q now but in the past I got those made in China crab cakes...talk about smell and that odor wouldn’t go away for a long time.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I got a couple pairs of Joan Rivers crop pants this week with that strong, musty odor.  I've gotten many other things with that same odor.

I mix a solution of Don Aslett's X-O Deodorizer from QVC, which I keep on hand.  One light but complete spraying on front and back removes the odor.  After it dries, I do another very light spray just to be sure.  Neither airing nor washing will remove that smell, but my pants are now odor free.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

most of the items made in china now..

Respected Contributor

Or made in Vietnam.

Honored Contributor

For being an "upscale" company, their offerings look like over-priced junk to me.  Dragons?  Really?