Respected Contributor

Re: Got a new Hummingbird feeder

@qvcfreak @Pretty.  Enjoy.  
I'm in the northern burbs of Chicago and have another 2-3 weeks until they're back.  Will have our feeders ready and waiting! 

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@qvcfreak @Pretty.  Enjoy.  
I'm in the northern burbs of Chicago and have another 2-3 weeks until they're back.  Will have our feeders ready and waiting! 

So exciting to see everyone getting ready for their arrival 

Respected Contributor

I live in California, I have Anna's hummingbirds year round. I maintain two feeders. One is very old, It was given to me by my late mother in the early 90s.

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I’m excited to see them back

7DBD085B-154C-45A6-8557-93E19CA1AD7B.jpeg

Very nice, too early here.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty feeder.  They will love it.

We get them year round here, although not many takers this week.

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak Enjoy! Very pretty! I can't use that type of feeder because I have flowering plants in my garden that not only attract Butterflies, hummingbirds etc. but some of them also attract BEES!  So, my feeders have Bee Guards or else they will take over. If any of you have problems with ants also lol...they also sell feeders with ant modes that have a small well at the top of the feeder that you fill with water. ETA: The one you have @qvcfreak looks to me from the photo that the holes could be small enough to deter Bees! Have Fun!

Respected Contributor

Very nice and I hope it's not from the same company as the one I purchased here at the Q. It's M70968 The Perky Pet one. It LEAKS like crazy! Check out the reviews....horrible! A flawed product and we all should get our money back (I waited too long to return) who purchased it. Stop selling this dud Q! It leaked out all night and left a big sticky sugar mess on my deck(stain!) and that was discovered by a million ants.What a mess! I tightened everything they said and checked and STILL leaked so it is a design flaw. No way to fix and a waste of my money. I have lots of different feeders up and have had them up for years and this feeder is the ONLY one that was a total stinker. Stained my deck and brought ants. Why are you still selling this item Q? 

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased mine at At Home. That’s horrible @silkyk  I hope you were able to fix your deck.

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Very nice and I hope it's not from the same company as the one I purchased here at the Q. It's M70968 The Perky Pet one. It LEAKS like crazy! Check out the reviews....horrible! A flawed product and we all should get our money back (I waited too long to return) who purchased it. Stop selling this dud Q! It leaked out all night and left a big sticky sugar mess on my deck(stain!) and that was discovered by a million ants.What a mess! I tightened everything they said and checked and STILL leaked so it is a design flaw. No way to fix and a waste of my money. I have lots of different feeders up and have had them up for years and this feeder is the ONLY one that was a total stinker. Stained my deck and brought ants. Why are you still selling this item Q? 

Oh no, I think that's the brand I ordered in pink that hasn't shipped yet! I was going to get the set of 2 from the other vendor but this one was cheaper. I get lots of birds so hoping the feeder would be nice for them.

Respected Contributor

Nice looking feeder and i like the fill from top feature.  i just avoid the all  glass ones like that, too heavy.