Respected Contributor

Gorgeous Sunset, Dec 29/22

[ Edited ]

Another green Christmas.  We haven't had a white Christmas in at least three years.  This global warming thing is real.  I am on east Coast Canada in Nova Scotia.  The golf courses are still open.  We have not had enough snow to make the ground white.  We took new neighbours on a hike on the coast today and it was a fantastic day.  Some sun, no wind.

I look south to Buffalo and see the huge storm they are still recovering from.  That is in our near future.  We seem to be experiencing extremes.

I do miss a real winter.  A good bed of snow helps the garden survive better rather than the constant freeze thaw cycle.  It also kills things like ticks.  

Below are photos of last night's sunset over the lake.  These are taken from my living room window.

Has your weather changed significantly?  LM

C9F2E20A-3E62-49E1-82B3-631529D63924.jpeg

6635C950-5A8F-4892-BE67-9F1DC3A636BD.jpeg

C3B24E08-8A60-42F6-BD0A-78AABFFDCF8A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Gorgeous Sunset, Dec 29/22

Ahhh-so beautiful!

It reminds me of some of the prettiest sunsets I've seen.

Here, with the woods all around, I see the fire ones a lot-the brilliant orange that looks like a fire in the sky. And they are incredible.

But I remember and love these beautiful ones too like yours!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1     Love the birch trees, too!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

89FE3A3C-5F2C-45EB-851A-A1AA77D37C12.jpeg

Sunrise here in CT yesterday...

Your pics are beautiful!

Weather....can be debated back and forth and will continue to be...I'm no expert..

I'd say our seasons have been "wonky" my entire life, being New England and all...some years we get a beautiful spring, some years goes from a long and too late winter, straight to a hot summer. Some winters are bitter, with blizzards too many to count, others we skate by and it's unseasonably warm. That's been happening my whole life here. Never been predictable here.

I will say....last summer was a straight heatwave. Unusually so. We usually get a few weeks like that, but it was all summer. So rare times like that it does feel like an "extreme" weather season.

Right now, the weather seems typical for Dec. 30 here.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA @amyb   Living in New England where they say if you don't like the weather then "wait a minute"........LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi , I love the birch too.  We are lucky enough to have river birch and yellow birch.. some huge yellow birch. Lots of beautiful hardwood here.  We have lost some mature maples in the hurricanes.  Nothing seems to topple the mature oaks.  LM

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal , isn't that the truth.  It seems in coastal areas weather us a favorite topic.  LM

Respected Contributor

@amyb , beautiful photo!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1    Lovely pastel winter sunset.

Your climate sounds as though its becoming very New Mexicanish.  Beware if you see cactus sprouting.  We actually had an inch of snow yesterday morning and the mountains are doing well with all ski areas open.  We've not had much moisture but last month and December have been very cold.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Climate change for sure.  Our weather is becoming more like South Carolina.  We have yet to see snow this winter.  Imagine you with snow and none in Nova Scotia!  LM