Valued Contributor

Girl Next Door Roses shipped early!

I ordered 2 of Carolyn's Girl Next Door Scentables Roses in pink and the expected delivery date was April 8--perfect.  Today QVC sent me an email saying the roses will arrive tomorrow!  Planting roses was not on my scheduled for Friday or Saturday as I am preparing for family to be here on Easter.  I haven't ordered live plants from QVC for a few years but I don't remember receiving any early.  I'm in southern California so the weather is fine for planting.

Respected Contributor

Re: Girl Next Door Roses shipped early!

They should be okay until you are ready to plant them I think anyway?

Respected Contributor

@Wobin, I was just checking to see if my Girl Next Door tomato plants had shipped and was surprised to see that they were shipped today.

The estimated ship day was mid April and I thought that was longer than previous shipments. Regardless, I am anxious to see what arrives in the mail and hopefully plant this week. 

Valued Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

They should be okay until you are ready to plant them I think anyway?

I hope so!  I'll post a report.  I should be able to plant them (in large patio pots) on April 1 if I don't get to them before Easter.

Valued Contributor

Update:  I received another email from QVC which states the roses will arrive Monday, April 1.  I hope that is the final and correct date.  The rose gloves from Carolyn should also arrive on the 1st.

Super Contributor

I got my lavender two days ago. They are healthy soil still moist. Good packaging. They are outside in a mix shade sun spot getting acclimated.
Valued Contributor

Here is one of the 2 Girl Next DoorScentablels roses I received from Carolyn's collection.  They arrived on April 1 and I planted them this morning (April 3).  They are the best looking plants I think I have ever received from QVC.  I had sworn off buying plants from the Q but was so tempted by these roses when Carolyn said they will grow well in pots.  I'm in southern California and am keeping them under the patio cover this week as we are expecting another storm on Friday with a low temp of 38.  Not usual here in April but we should finally enjoy our typical spring weather next week.

Girl Next Door Scentables Rose QVC 1 resized.jpg